Welcome Wednesday: Happy National Coffee Day!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

Hello Everyone!

Happy Wednesday! If you are wondering why I have this post up so early it's to remind you to take advantage of the fact that today is National Coffee Day!

via GIPHY

In the spirit of this, my question for you this week is: How do you like your Coffee?

I know there will be some people who aren't Coffee Drinkers in which case, what helps you get started in the morning instead?

For the longest time I believed that I didn't like Coffee. Recently, I discovered that I actually really enjoy Cold Brew Coffee and it's really that I'm just not a fan of hot beverages.

It's your turn now, I'd love to hear from all of you in the comments below.

Have a great rest of the week!

via GIPHY

16 comments

Comment

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2021

Welcome to the community all new members! We are glad to have yo as part of this community.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

Oh man, @Jimmy Seddon , I don't drink coffee. I know, what a crazy thing! I tried it a few times when I was a youth on a farm. Then again during my college days. Nope! Just didn't acquire the taste for it...

noc.png

But it will be interesting to read how others like it :)

Make it a great day!

Like # people like this
Kamna Parafina September 29, 2021

I make drip coffee in the morning, no cream or sugar! <3 I can only have one cup though, otherwise I start to feel sick, so it keeps me from going too nuts. 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2021

Started drinking coffee in my college days to help stay awake for studying. Back then I just drank it black and endured the task. 

But over the years, I have come to enjoy the task and look forward to it most mornings. Even decaf some days! But I definitely need some sweetener in it - usually Splenda. Sometimes a little cream, most times not. 

If I go to a coffee shop, I usually get something that ends up more like dessert - I have a sweet tooth.  :-)

Like # people like this
Jyoti Menon September 29, 2021

Iced coffee / cold brew is my thing. 

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2021

I can't exactly recall while I started with Coffee but I can say mostly it's now became a part of of daily schedule mostly weekdays. I would not describe the variants but I must say I try new things if I am visiting coffee shops(except the vending machine ones). 

Like Kamna Parafina likes this
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
September 29, 2021

We all, the DEISER team (Barcelona hq!!); we're having espressos after a nice lunch!

National-coffee-day-DEISER.jpg

Like # people like this
Jose Luis Gaitan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2021

I can't live with my daily coffee milk. But the most important thing of the coffee time is the people sharing with you this time.

Like # people like this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2021

MMmmm yes, a light roast, brewed fresh, taken plain. Pourover bliss.
Here's some Atlassians enjoying pourovers in the office a few years back:

IMG_20190502_143953.jpg

The process is kind of soothing - it's a nice little break and the bloom in a pourover is pretty fun to watch!

Like # people like this
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2021

I used to drink cafe con leche made in a moka pot back in PR, then got a drip machine when I got out on my own, then a keurig with reusable pods, but I have finally gone back full circle to a moka pot and now drink cafe con leche with one teaspoon of brown sugar.

When I go to a coffee shop I usually get some kind of latte, but if I get one of their "dessert" ones then I ask for it "half-sweet". 

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2021

Coffee is my morning pleasure!  It's always a special blend I get from a roaster in Austin.  One pump of Hazelnut syrup, a teaspoon of turbinado sugar, a splash of half and half, and I'm ready to face the morning!

Like # people like this
Jacqueline Cohen September 29, 2021

Pour over with oat milk! 

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon Nice post, again!

I always like my coffee with French Vanilla flavor l, sugar and milk, whether it is hot or cold.

In the past, when I was more of a black coffee fan, I used to add some honey to make it sweet, since I like it sweet.

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck September 29, 2021

Double dose instant, two teaspoons of cocoa, boiling water, teaspoon of sweetener and a good dose of cream. And then wait until it gets cold XD (some times until the next day :Þ).

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
September 29, 2021

Freshly roasted at home (every few days), freshly ground, straight into a moka pot. Some hot frothy skim milk.

Nothing better than freshly roasted coffee. Even without covid lockdowns, coffee from cafes had become a thing of the past.

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2021

I'm definitely a cold brew + oat milk + Splenda kind of girl, but I also love an iced chai latte with soy milk as well.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events