Introduction Amir Baruch

Amir Baruch February 18, 2022

Hey Everyone,

My name is Amir Baruch. I am working for Bolt (www.bolt.eu) the mobility company as a product manager for routing, tracking and mobile. I am based in Berlin.

I am trying to use Jira as the one and only source of information for myself and the teams with roadmaps, requirements, contents, etc.

9 comments

Comment

Rina Nir
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2022

Hello @Amir Baruch 

Welcome to the community

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2022

Welcome to community @Amir Baruch ! ! That is an awesome challenge. How is it going so far?

🤩 💪

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this

thanks @Fun Man Andy ! it wasn't an walk in the park so far, but I am hanging in there. I really am keen to have everyone use a single tool rather then separated tools for different tasks.

I am running 3 teams myself and there are another 3 in the group, and it took me a while to even get my 3 teams behind a shared roadmap. couldn't use the roadmap feature within my product project as you can not have there items that are moved to the dev projects, so ended up using the `Advanced Road Map`. but even there things are not as we smooth as I would have expected.

Having said that, I am still a believer, as I see high value in everyone using one and only source.

Like Fun Man Andy likes this
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2022

Welcome Amir

I spoke to a potential client this week who are using roadmaps as themes, initiatives and epics for the  overall plans and timelines.

The actual tasks linked to epics are managed by the teams on their own  boards.

Thankt @Tom Lister 

Few follow up questions:

• managed by the teams on their own  boards => does that mean that each team has it own project?
  • Is theme an issue type? if so is the hierarchy the following: theme / initiative / epics / tasks?
  • Is there a different project that holds the overall plan before it is distributed? or actually there is no distribution of EPICs but rather creating tasks on the teams' board and somehow linking them to an EPIC that is located on the main project
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2022

Hi @Amir Baruch 

The themes & initiatives ( if you use those terms) as created as issue types and added to the advanced roadmaps hierarchy. They can be created in a separate planning project.

Teams have their own project and stories/tasks/subtasks created have to be linked to an epic according to your planning process. Or epics they create are linked to the appropriate hierarchy level. Plan filter will need to include all related projects/issues.
pre-agreed epics is easier to manage IMHO although teams need input to buy into it.

Only just learning to setup roadmaps myself.

Cool. Would love to jump on a call and compare notes. 
here are some of the challenges I have:

• I use the Teams concept to assign EPICs to team in my one and only advanced roadmap. The problem is that this setting only exist in the Advanced Roadmap and not in Jira so items created on the teams’ project ( technical EPICs for example ) are not assigned with 
  • couldn’t find a way to maintain planned and actual impact on EPIC level and then to aggregate it across the roadmap. 

Same goes btw with effort estimate. Could find a good way to model it in advanced roadmap in order to plan the qtr elegantly 

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2022

@Amir Baruch - i so know what you mean... with some clients I work with I am STILL lost in the park, walking around.. confused as hell. Hehe!

Sounds like you've found a great community buddy in @Tom Lister for sharing war stories 🪖🎖💪

And when the time is right, would LOVE to invite you to ACE Rotterdam for some valuable lessons learning & knowledge share. #Amazaballz

Like Tom Lister likes this
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2022

Hi @Amir Baruch 

Re Teams - its not very useful in its current state as you can't add a group to the team. So it's not aligned with the groups/roles in the projects and leaves us with double the maintenance. I guess it's because Plans was originally the Portfolio plugin and is not yet fully integrated with Jira core.
I've had the same issues with rolling out Tempo. Tempo teams are a separate setup. You can add groups. But you need to add users if you want to set a user role for billing.

Aggregating and planned vs actual isn't something I've got to yet.

I'm running up this hill because I want to use Plans in my next cloud migration project and I want to persuade users to move to this from WBS Gantt and save costs.

Happy to be another pair of eyes on the journey.

I think if you post specific questions in the community you'll get a lot more relevant responses.

Best

Tom

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2022

Welcome to the Community @Amir Baruch!

Feel free to ask any question you have about getting things setup.  We're more than happy to help!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2022

Welcome to the Community, @Amir Baruch !

Hope you have a great learning and sharing experience here!

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2022

@Amir Baruch Welcome to the Community!

Kathryn Vargas _Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2022

Hi @Amir Baruch – welcome to the Community! 

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2022

Welcome to the Community, @Amir Baruch !🥳

Jose Luis Gaitan Hernandez
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 20, 2022

Hello, @Amir Baruch , welcome to the family

Jose Luis Gaitan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian family, @Amir Baruch 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events