Community participation value-add

Daniel Hurley January 12, 2022

Hi Friends!,

I'm obviously a bit of a newbie and outsider but I'm doing some research for our company on how we can get the most value out of our Atlassian product suite by participating in the community. 

Any and all ideas/insights would be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Dan

7 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

@Daniel Hurley Welcome to the Community! You came to the right place. 

What specific products are you looking for guidance with?

Like # people like this
Daniel Hurley January 12, 2022

Any insights related to Jira, Confluence, and Trello would be more than welcome!

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Daniel Hurley , welcome to the community.

To be honest this question so open ended I wouldn't even know where to start as far as answering. Is Andy mentioned understanding which products are using would be very important. Then we would like to understand how you're using it today with his much detail as possible. Finally if there are some of your own thoughts aware your company may be falling short in getting the most out of the products that would also help.

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2022

Like stepping into the rabbit and tumbling and tumbling and tumbling and tumbling.... 😜🐰

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2022

Hello and Welcome, Daniel!

We are glad you are here!!

I suggest you ask lots of pinpointed questions.  :-)

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2022

In terms of value within this Community there is an exceptional wealth of knowledge and the enthusiasm with which countless thousands of extremely experienced people (partners, users, consultants, Atlassian team, etc.) share such knowledge knows no bounds.

If a company uses Atlassian tools, then it is 100% worth its while to invest time in involvement with the Community

In terms of the "how"?

• Post any and all questions you have in the relevant Product/Interests/Groups: get free advice from the best in the biz to your problems
  • Find unanswered questions to which you know the answers and contribute to the knowledge share
  • Join a local Atlassian Community Events Chapter
  • Participate in the Online Community's many events and promotions
  • And then constantly feed all of this back into your Company and help people elevate their way of working and best practices to the next level!
    • You can evening start up an In Company ACE Chapter, if the value is there! (Normally worksbest for companies well over 500 employees... SME or bigger!)
Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2022

@Daniel Hurley Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I agree with suggestions from all our leaders here, and would suggest you to ask specific questions to specific products that you need help with, in the relevant Product collections in the community.

I hope you have a great learning and sharing experience here!

Like Fun Man Andy likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2022

Welcome @Daniel Hurley !

There is a ton of great advice above.  If I can add my two cents, here's how I started. 

• Join and start watching any groups that look interesting/relevant to you.
  • Edit your profile and add notifications and search alerts for words &phrases you want to be notified about.

When you are first starting you might not have the answers to questions, but make an effort to watch the ones you are interested in learning about the answers, and check back when someone provides the answer.  As you start learning things you will see questions you know the answer to and that's when you can really start contributing.

Also, don't forget to have fun!

-Jimmy

Like # people like this
Daniel Hurley January 13, 2022

Thanks, Jimmy!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2022

Hi @Daniel Hurley 

Follow the articles from Products section which will give more knowledge on those specific products. Be active in community, you'll find things.that are interesting when things come in

For example, I came to know about the Atlassian Premium week last year though community!!

So it's important that you be active in community and follow some section to get the notifications as @Jimmy Seddon has described

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events