Throwback Thursday: Which superhero would you be? #TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

Hey good people. I hope that your week has been going well. Okay, todays question is a TBT in a sense that your answer will probably be based on your memories, some moment in your youth/childhood, or affected by your past in some other way :) For example, when I was growing up the Marvel universe was a bit smaller. There was no Ant-man. I grew up with Superman, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain America, Wonder Woman and such.

giphy

I would choose Iron Man - always liked him. Plus Robert Downey Jr. is pretty cool...

giphy

If you could be one superhero, which superhero would you be?

Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

15 comments

Comment

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2022

I grew up with Shaktiman

kapaala-shaktimaan.gif

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2022

For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted to be GALACTUS.
The idea of having the power to destroy entire worlds.....?? swoooooosh!!
🌈🦄

And he wears purple Speedos. Classy geezer!
💜🩲🤿

12709.gif

In the comics/animated-series/movies, the heroes always need some deus-ex-machina-type-bull$h!t way to defeat him.

Nonesense!

Only one person can defeat him, and only in Top Trumps: Dr. Doom.
He has 100 weapons to Galactus' 99.
But in a fisty-cuffs Galactus would just eat him. Game over!

9sRi.gif

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2022

The Hulk

I'm not proud of this one, but my superpower is my anger. Back in the mid-2000's a few of the recent college grads I worked with decided to put together a steel cage match bracket for some of the senior staff, unbeknownst to us. They had two brackets, one with Angry Andy and one with Calm Andy. In the Calm Andy bracket I am eliminated in the 2nd round. In the Angry Andy Bracket I win the entire tournament - all 4 rounds. I've really worked hard on self-improvement through reading, learning and meditation to always be calm. But as with any character trait you cannot fully eradicate it, just control it.

So, the anger remains below the surface...

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck March 24, 2022

It's a tough one. There are so many! And I agree with @Fun Man Andy on this super annoying thing that happens a lot which is the good guys pulling sh*t out of their a** to win and not just in comics. And when your favourite actors tend to play the baddies you get pissed off A LOT! 😂

Quite frankly I can't choose just one. :þ So I'm gonna say one of the following:

-John Constantine

-Deadpool

-Wolverine

-Dr. Strange

So any combination of regeneration, magic and snark. 😂

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2022

giphy

So much fun to read - thanks guys for sharing :)

Yes @Fun Man Andy  no superhero is complete without Speedos 🩲🤿!

Hulk is always a classic, @Andy Gladstone  I've always been a little weak for Hulk. Something about the green color or I don't know - he just excellent gravity :)

@Rilwan Ahmed I will have to goole Shaktiman - cool!

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2022

As my avatar suggests, mine is Iron Man.  I could also throw in Batman as well.

Their superpower?

giphy

Like # people like this
Dwante.Jackson March 24, 2022

This won't come to most peoples minds, but as a comic book enthusiast I'm going with Darhawk  

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2022

Thanks for this interesting post, @Kristján Geir Mathiesen !

First of all, I would like to admit that I am a big fan of superhero movies and series and have grown up watching them a lot. (Recently watching all past seasons of "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" on Netflix to be up-to-date on all superheroes involved in that universe)

Choosing one is very difficult and unfair, so If I could be a superhero, I would choose one of these two:

1. Flash (because of his ability to do all tasks at a lightning speed and ability to time travel to fix any mistakes committed in the past in order to fix the future)

2. Batman (because of his ability to afford anything, being a millionaire and the coolest gadgets or machines that are available to him for his missions).

Have a  great Thursday, everyone!

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2022

@Taranjeet Singh - YES! Flash is a great choice, why didn't I think of that?...

@Dwante.Jackson comic books are a good source. Well chosen!

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2022

For me it's Goku growing up:

dragon-ball-goku.gif

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2022

BraveStarr!

QQ截图20220325111828.jpg

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro March 25, 2022

Fun question @Kristján Geir Mathiesen

I believe I would be one mixed with Batgirl - she has an excellent sense of humor, LOL - and Katana - because of her sword, and she used to be so joyful. I like it, hahaha!
I still have the VHS of Batman & Robin, 1997. 😅 😅 😋 😋

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 08.49.27.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-25 at 08.53.01.png

Have a lovely day! 😃 😃

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2022

I got asked this question during a job interview years ago.

My answer is still the same: Superman/Quicksilver.

Because I want to save time on traveling to help anyone or visit anywhere, time is the most valuable and limited thing to a human-being.

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2022

I would love to have Super Powers of Deku from My hero Academia Anime

HD my hero academia wallpapers | Peakpx

Like # people like this
Dam
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2023

everybody call me Dam so my superhero name would be SuperDam ! 

giphy

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events