Throwback Thursday: Which Stranger Things season do you like the best? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy
Here we are again, THURSDAY! :) I know not everyone is a fan of the TV series Stranger Things but I happen to be. Probably because it takes place in the 80's and I've just had a blast reliving that time. Seeing the old Pepsi cans and Dorritos bags - I guess mainly the logos.
giphy
I think I like season 1 the best, then a close runner-up is season 3. I didn't fancy season 2 very much... 
giphy
So, which Stranger Things season do you like the best?
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

15 comments

Comment

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2022

Season 1 but then again I've enjoyed the whole series.

Like # people like this
Priyanka Menon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2022

*tudum* Season 1 and 2. Season 3 is just getting a bit all over the place but let's see . Waiting for the finale episodes!!

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2022

I rated 1 and 3 equally I think. 

2 felt a little weak on the monsters, and although 4 did much better on the monsters (and the story twists), it felt like three fragmented stories, only two of which joined up sensibly in the last few episodes.

Love Eddie's character in S4, he was Very Metal, like Vyvyan.

And the howling goof with the computer in series 4 was very grating...

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro July 7, 2022

Oh, Buddy @Kristján Geir Mathiesen, great topic.

I finished season 4 last weekend, and I enjoyed it a lot, but anything more nostalgic than season 1 for me! They were so young; the Hawkins atmosphere and the waffles made me so happy; wow! I love it! ❤️😃🙏🏽😁

download (1).jpegthe-stranger-things-cast-from-season-one-to-season-four-1654080126.jpeg

Like # people like this
Trish Cescolini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2022

Probably season 1 for me.  They were so young and it was so cool to dive back into the 80s.  Also enjoyed season 3 and still working my way through season 4 so no spoilers, please. 

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2022

Season 3 for me.  I'm loving the incorporation of music in season 3 (Anyone join me in a rendition of the "Neverending Story" theme song? Anyone? Anyone?) and season 4 (Kate Bush AND Metallica?  Yes Please).

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2022

I would say Season 1 because that is the only one I have watched. Apparently I have a lot of catching up to do. I would see the notifications from Netflix for new seasons and I never got around to watching 2-4. I'll get right on top of that! :)

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2022

Season 1 set the precedence, Season 2 failed to build on that only averaging out (although it introduced new characters well & strongly) and then Season 3 gave us Bad Billy... and all the men in the world turned gay.
I was surprised him and Karen Wheeler didn't get it on. I respect the writers for resisting the easy-play.

Season 4 has been epic, but it's not quite coming together. Nic said it best above!

Every episode of Season 3 was perfection IMHO. The story line and character arcs; how it all came together. It was amazaballz. It also kept me guessing a lot. Season 4 has been rather predictable.

Like # people like this
Carrie Bonnell July 7, 2022

Season 1 was the most nostalgic for me, but the outifts in S4 are taking me back (both cringe-worthy, and somehow fun).   I have Pass the Dutchie stuck in my head this week, anyone else?

Like # people like this
Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 7, 2022

I agree with everyone saying Season 1. That's were it all started. Season 2&3 weren't as good anymore but I think Season 4 really set up an epic final Season. 

And the Music in season 4 rocks. 

*And never ending story by Dustin and Susie was so cool as well. 

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2022

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen I have not watched the "Stranger Things" series yet but looking at the comments on this post, I am a bit excited to explore more about it and probably start watching Season 1.

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2022

Also, I like that it's all overtly Cthulhu mythos (for beginners).

(rather than the understated subtle nods we get in other big-name stuff like Dr Who)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2022

I have yet to watch this series (it's on my to watch list in the middle of everything else I keep getting told to watch ;) ).

However, I'm very interested in checking it out after one of my friends said to watch it from the perspective of a D&D game playing out for real.

I'm sure I'll get to it soon enough.

Like # people like this
Keith Carey July 24, 2022

I LOVE the 80s, but sadly time is limited and so I have not seen a single episode of Stranger Things, but it is on my LONG list of things to do.

Like # people like this
Morris Murithi September 16, 2022

Stranger things season one before things got worse.

Like Amanda Barber likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events