Throwback Thursday: What was your favorite Halloween costume you wore as a child? #TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

Ok, okey, ok... I admit! Halloween is not celebrated in all countries so this question is not going to apply for all. In fact, it was not celebrated in Iceland when I was growing up so I disqualify for this question... But if you have a similar holiday where you grow up, do share with us.

giphy

giphy

So, do you remember what was your favorite Halloween costume you wore as a child?

Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

8 comments

Comment

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro February 17, 2022

Hahahah, so funny question @Kristján Geir Mathiesen

My favorite costume as a child was to dress like Morticia from Adam's family. LOL

She represented to me power and mystery to me, hahahah!

I binged-watch these movies, so I thought they were the most incredible costumes I had ever seen. 😅😅😅😅😅

p.s: But unfortunately, I never had a Morticia costume. So, that's why I added this reference below.

bdba95df7ad03e2458e861870e3fce10.jpeg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2022

Great topic @Kristján Geir Mathiesen as always!

First, I love dressing up in costumes!  I think I love Halloween so much because it's socially acceptable to be dressed up in public.

To this day I still wear a costume every year at Halloween, but if we are talking specifically about when I was a kid, I think my favorite was Leonardo (TMNT):

ed50415e1af59674951cfe2b0a8e0a9b.jpg

I was a massive Ninja Turtles fan growing up and I remember wearing this costume for Halloween two years in a row!

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2022

This is a BRILLIANT #TBT @Kristján Geir Mathiesen 🤩👏

And to everyone's great shock, NO! Mine is not Speedo's....! Those are serious "work" clothes. #AthleticUniform
#SwimmingClubClothing
#WaterpoloTeamAttire

🩲🤿🤽‍♀️🏆

(OK... fair enough: me in a pair could be considered as terrifying to others. I admit!)

Like # people like this
Dwante.Jackson February 17, 2022

any super hero costume, especially one with a cape.

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2022

That's a good question, @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ! But as you rightly pointed out, Halloween is not celebrated in all countries and since I spent all my childhood in India where it is not celebrated, I have never worn any Halloween costumes in public.

But I do love Halloween and always get a chance to celebrate it since I moved to US where my kids are born and growing up. My wife and I still don't get dressed up in a Halloween costume as we feel a bit awkward as we are not used to it, but we make sure that our kids do get dressed up in a costume of their choice. 

Especially, my daughter likes to wear different costumes on Halloween and so far, "Wonder Woman" and "Elsa" costumes are her favorites.

Have a great Thursday, everyone!

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2022

I fricking LOVE a good cape... but I just HAD to share this GIF, for obvious reasons:

aaad6aad6153500285662f32b5fa248d.gif

Like # people like this
Andy - Urban Gorilla Boy February 17, 2022

For years I've been trying to get my family to dress up as the Mario crew... our height differences make for a great Bowser, Peach, Mario & Luigi set.

Only downside is that our daughter refuses, cause she wants to be Mario, which doesn't work cause she's way taller than her brother and best suited as Luigi....

MARIO.jpeg

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2022

Thanks for sharing guys! That is so much fun to read about your favs. Enjoy your weekend!

giphy

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events