Throwback Thursday: What’s the craziest dare you ever took? #TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

Are you a dare devil? Adrenaline junkie?

adr.jpg

I must admit that I am quite the chicken. I am no dare devil at all! So I won't be able to share my great stunts. But please, share with us what is the craziest dare you ever took. Hey, maybe that will remind me of something and then I will write it in the comments below :)

bike.jfif

Let’s make it a great Thursday!

KGM

8 comments

Comment

Jose Osorio September 16, 2021

Get a hug and kiss from Salma Hayek. We were both at a gala and I've been crushing on her since Desperado. A buddy bet/dared me I couldn't get a PDA from her, but I did! My life is now complete.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2021

I have to admit that I am not one for dares either. I would probably be a dare that I say a particular thing to somebody, but I can't remember an exact example. 

Like # people like this
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
September 16, 2021

I'm the winner at not taking pictures on this type of situations (or any other situation, tbh), but I think, so far, the craziest dare would be one time I did paragliding after my brother dared me:
I jumped from a really tall mountain, and once I landed, I had to go back to the top of the mountain doing motocross. I didn't know I had to do that last thing.

It was my first doing both. I also don't consider myself a daredevil, but yeah, that happened. 😂

Like # people like this
Jose Osorio September 16, 2021

Where would we be without our crazy, troublemaking friends to push us into situations?

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2021

Not a natural daredevil, I'm always very cautious, but I have given in to a few dares:

• Thrown a Lotus around Silverstone at about 120mph (that's where I lost my nerve, the owner said he regularly goes over 140)
  • Eaten (more than one) Phall, and tried a few moderately strong peppers (carolina reaper and the ghost being the more memorable ones)
  • Jumped out of an aeroplane (despite having vertigo) alone, not tandem
Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2021

These are pretty amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2021

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen Thanks for this great post again!

I admit that I am also not a dare devil at all.

But I believe there are situations sometimes that make you do a dare devil thing.

The force or emotion that attaches you to your loved ones can push you sometimes to do what you could not, especially when that force is coming from your kids.

I am acrophobic and always avoid climbing to heights, especially the fun rides that involve heights.

I had never tried even a small Ferris wheel my whole life until the day I was pushed by my 5 years old daughter to accompany her on a big Ferris wheel ride in a local funfair. She wanted that Ferris wheel ride so badly that I finally dared to accompany her on the ride. I did complete it successfully but only I know how I survived the acrophobia. The whole time I was just praying I don't fall down.

But this dare of mine made my daughter so happy and excited that I forgot all the fear after the ride.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2021

@Taranjeet Singh  that was awesome of you, way to go! The things we do for our children.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events