Throwback Thursday: What one tool do you wish you had when you were starting out using Atlassian?

It's Thursday!

giphy

Well, there are so many apps for Atlassian products, about 4.000 I think, in the Marketplace that this might be a hard question. I´ll break "the rule" of my question and mention two :)

ScriptRunner is an amazing tool and if I were a coder, I would probably pick that. I wrote a bit about my use cases last year.

The other tool would be The Scheduler. I use this tool a lot and love it. 

giphy

So what about you - what one tool do you wish you had when you were starting out using Atlassian products?

Let’s make it a great Thursday!

KGM

6 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

Automation for Jira for sure. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

Great question @Kristján Geir Mathiesen!

I have for the most part used the Atlassian products with very little use of extensions/apps.

Like John I have discovered a great love for Automation for Jira.

I have also been a big fans of a number of the apps that offer additional capabilities for workflows.

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2022

Scriptrunner, so I did not have to write entire plugins to do clever post-functions, conditions or automations.

I should point out that I don't think it existed (outside Jamie's head) when I started working with Atlassian stuff.  (I say "stuff", but it was just Jira - Confluence was released 2-3 months after I started working with Jira)

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2022

I would vote for a couple of tools here: "Automation for Jira" and "Jira CLI". These are just great tools to have for any Jira admin for Server/DC or Cloud.

It is amazing to see how "Automation for Jira" has grown over the years to become an indispensable app for any Jira instance.

Like # people like this
Stacey January 27, 2022

Hard one to answer given when I started it was pretty much just Jira. 

My current company Red Hat has so many I haven’t even scratched their tools & plug-in surface. I’ll revisit this in another 6 months and see if I’ve found one I wish I had used all along! 

Like # people like this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2022

Very hard to choose one. 

For me, it would be Rich Filters. It's very easy to use and filter stuff.

Like Amanda Barber likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events