Throwback Thursday: What is your favorite taste and why? #TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

Another week is almost over :) When it comes to candy/sweets, for me it is cherry. I think the reason is that in 1978, we spent Christmas in USA and I got this bag of hard candy. Half of it was cherry flavored and the other half grape. I just fell in love with the cherry taste! It was so crazy good. I guess a good cherry taste just takes me back that trip of 1978 and all the good memories made there :)

giphy

What is your favorite taste and why?

Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

8 comments

Comment

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro February 24, 2022

Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen 

Great question! 😃 

Thanks for it!

My favorite taste that reminds my childhood is Chambinho by Nestle! Hahahah! Nowadays, I still eat. 🤗

When I was five (1988), I remember that I went to groceries with my parents, and I always grabbed these Chambinho yogurts and put them on the carry. Then, sometimes, I started to eat there before I got home.

I had a lot of stomach pains because of that, hahaha! Sweet memories. 😜 😅😅   

7f0aad54635534b670fdbb65ace88bc9.jpeg

Have a great Thursday, Buddy!  😃

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck February 24, 2022

Chocolate banana. There is just something about that wonderfully fake banana flavour mixed with chocolate. I blame these things:

Chocolate-Foam-Bananas-.jpg

Though they are not same as back in the day unless I open the bag and leave them for a couple of weeks XD The reason being that I grew up in a small town and many times the candy in the "candy buffet" had been lying there for at least days, if not weeks and was therefore much chewier than it is when you get it "fresh". Still love them though and I always have a chocolate banana milk shake too. 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2022

It's got to be Zepploes! The small Italian powdered fried donuts were always something that I looked forward to when my parents would either take us out to, or take out from Oak Neck Pizza in the early 80's.  To this day (when in my 40's I admittedly don't eat Zeppoles often) tasting one brings me back to being a 4 year old struggling to keep the steaming hot cheese and sauce on the pizza dough at the pizzeria - but knowing that if I finish my slice there is a warm Zepploe waiting!

YUM!

zeppole.jpg

Like # people like this
Robert Pineres February 24, 2022

Hi Kristjan Geir Mathiesen - Origo

My favorite sweet is coconut-pineapple ice cream (if you can call ice cream a sweet. It was Thrifty and now It is called Rite-Aid. I used to be a newspaper boy on a bicycle delivering newspapers(thoughs used to be the days). At the end of each month, I would treat myself for a great job done for the month with a triple scope ice cream.

Yummy!

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2022

@Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck  ó nei! I had forgotten these (since last October when I was in Iceland). Oh now I want a bag soooooooo bad....  They are wonderfully fake :=)

Thank you @Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro , I also hope you have a great day! Always fun hearing from you.

@Andy Gladstone love that story! Thanks for sharing. I need to try Zepploe, never have. Sounds like I really should.

@Robert Pineres sweet :) Sounds like a great reward. Those were the days, right!

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro February 24, 2022

Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen 

I feel so glad about it, especially to know that my contribution is fun, hehehe! 😃 🤩  Thank YOU! 🥳

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2022

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen That's a great post and reminds me of my childhood days when I was a lot into eating candies and chocolates.

My favorite taste is that of chocolates like "Nestle Milkybar" and candies like "Cadbury Gems" (I still eat "M&M's Minis, though the taste is not quite similar to Gems). Whenever I got some pocket money from my parents, I used to make sure to spend some of it on these chocolates & candies.

I loved milk-based chocolates & candies a lot during those days.

nestle-milkybar-chocolate-18-l.jpgGems.jpg

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2022

@Taranjeet Singh I'd love to try Gems. I'll have to look for them next time I am in Europe. Thanks for sharing :)

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events