Throwback Thursday: What is your favorite summer vacation spot? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy 
Ever since I was 8 years old, southern California (or Kalifornía in Icelandic) has fascinated me. Back then, it was Christmas time yet I was wearing t-shirts and shorts. All the cool places to see. Just the whole vibe was totally rad, at least to me. 
Sanclem.png
Then about 8 years ago, we moved to the States and we started going to San Clemente for summer vacations and spring break. We just fell in love (me again) with the weather, endless beaches, and this beautiful town (at least the old part of the town) that has white washed walls and red roofs. I mean, just look at these pictures! 
18.jpg
So, what is your favorite summer vacation spot/place? 
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

15 comments

Comment

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2022

Anywhere that is not a tent next to my parents' caravan... #mood 😒

carry-on-camping-1969.jpg

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck July 21, 2022

We never really went on summer vacations when I was growing up. Farm life doesn't really give many chances of going anywhere during the busiest time of the year. XD

In later years it seems we don't travel much during summer either. It always made more sense to go to places that are generally warmer at a time where it would be a similar warmth (fall or winter) rather than when it's scorching. :þ

When I think about it I kind of feel like I would much rather go to new places every time rather than the same place. Having said that though I think I will never pass up a chance to go to London. It was the first place I ever went to travelling on my own and it holds a special place in my heart, especially Hammersmith.

Like # people like this
Sue Wilson July 21, 2022

I rarely have the opportunity to repeat vacations to have 'a spot', but one favorite vacay was a family road trip from Pennsylvania to California.  So many sights seen, activities performed, and memories made along the way!  We had the BEST time!  I would do that trip again in a heartbeat!

In the meantime, my two stand by spots are the beach:

IMG_0022.PNG

And my back yard:

IMG_20210423_140358.jpg

Like # people like this
Sarah.Eaton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2022

Felixstowe in Suffolk, UK or Brighton also in the UK.

Both really stony beaches, full of smooth round pebbles.

Felixstowe was my holiday destination for the first 13 years of my life and Brighton has been a favourite over the past few years. As soon as I saw the stony beach I HAD to lie down on it, the feeling is amazing.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2022

Three years ago my wife and I discovered a wonderful lake about 1:45 drive from our home, Greenwood Lake. We immediately fell in love with SUP (stand-up paddle boarding) on the lake and have gone there for a short two day vacation each of the past three summers, hiking on day one and SUP'ing on day two. No need to travel far to enjoy yourself!

GL.jpeg

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2022

I have lived in the US East Coast (NY, NJ) for almost 8 years after which I moved to the Midwest.

But I will always love and miss the East Coast and my favorite summer vacation spots: the beaches of Jersery Shore.

Every summer in NJ, my family and I used to explore new beaches (with some repetition as well) to spend our vacation days and weekends.

Cape May and Wildwood beaches were our favorites.

I hope I get enough summer vacation time in near future to again visit these beaches with my family.

Have a great Thursday, and rest of the week!

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2022

When I was a kid I lived on Air Force bases all over the country and world so most years our vacation was coming home to AZ to see family. Now, as an adult my favorite vacation spot is Hawaii. To be more specific any other spot in Hawaii other than Waikiki or Honolulu. They are too crowded for me! Hawaii6.jpgHawaii4.jpg

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 22, 2022

I'm a big fan of staycations... 😊

What I need is peace and quiet, a book, wine and a play roller coaster tycoon 🎢

Like # people like this
Keith Carey July 24, 2022

Hands down, Saint Pete Beach, Florida as it has the most beautiful white sand beaches and gulf coast sunsets with great food and the culture of Tampa nearby. If you don't take my word for it, travel and leisure named Saint Pete Beach, the number 1 beach in the USA.

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2022

I'm not someone who particularly likes "summer" holidays on the beach, but when I am in the mood for it, I'll head for 

Isles of Scilly Guided Island Hopping Holiday - HF Holidays

Travel guide to the Isles of Scilly | CN Traveller

Coastal holidays and breaks on the Isles of Scilly | VisitEngland

Best beaches in the UK, by far.

Like # people like this
Jay Moczulski July 25, 2022

I'm headed to California next week on vacation with our family. After seeing your post, I have added San Clemente to our list. Thanks for posting! :) 

P.s. Iceland is at the top of my bucket list

Like # people like this
Andy - Urban Gorilla Boy July 25, 2022

Been lucky to have experienced many different places in the summers throughout my life... but I think this year though, Disneyland Paris has gone to the top of the list. Corona cancelled pretty much all our holidays for two years, so we had savings enough to get Infinity Passes from Oct '21 to Oct'22. This summer we would gave been on 3 separate trips to DLP (and a whopping 8 in the whole year)

Best part is yet to come... Avengers Campus is now open, and we cannot WAIT to get down next week and experience it!

#Assemble

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-25 at 9.33.02 PM.jpeg

Like # people like this
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2022

Isla Mujeres in Mexico is awesome!

Cantt wait to take my daughters to DisneyWorld in a couple of years.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2022

Thank you all for sharing! I am late commenting because I've been on vacation for the last couple of weeks. I went back to Iceland and we rented a camper van and did the ring road in 8 days. Had lots of fun!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2022

Going to the lake in the mountains of northern New Brunswick.  We also have a place in Bobcaygeon in northern Ontario another lake destination.  I guess I like being in the country, a lake near by, cozy cabin, loved ones bringing the value.  The idea of a pampered vacation is becoming more real as I age, someone else to chop the firewood ...

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events