Throwback Thursday: What is on your bucket list? #TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

According to the dictionary, a bucket list is:

a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their lifetime.

In other words, we put things on our bucket list as we travel and traverse through this earth life. I mainly have places I want to travel to on my bucket list. Some of them are:

• Take my wife to Malta (this is an AMAZING place) - scuba dive there
  • Ride a bicycle across USA
  • Paris, France
  • Dubrovnik, Croatia
  • Oia village, Santorini, Greece

giphy

Now, tell us what is on your bucket list :)

Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

15 comments

Comment

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2022

Happy Thursday!!

Right now the top two Bucket List items for me are:

1. TEAM22 🩲⭐️
  2. Putin to leave the Ukraine alone 💛💙
Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro March 10, 2022

Hey Buddy! @Kristján Geir Mathiesen

You rocked on this bucket list post because mine is quite big.

1. Putin to leave Ukraine alone 💛  💙 (I stole from @Fun Man Andy
  2. Paris, France ❤️
  3. Samurai districts, Japan 🤍
  4. NY, US 💙
  5. Califórnia, US❤️
  6. Santorini, Greece 💛 (I stole from you 🤗 , this place is magic, I suppose!)
  7. New Zealand 🤍

Happy Thursday, everyone! 🙏🏽

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2022

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen before I post my bucket list, a bit of history around the term. This appeared a few weeks back in the Sunday edition of Morning Brew. 

What if I told you the term “bucket list” did not exist until the release of the 2007 film, The Bucket List, starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman?

I’m dead serious. If you’re convinced you said “bucket list” before that movie, you’re probably wrong. Reddit sleuths confirmed this dumbfounding fact this week, and if you don’t believe them, you can take it up with the monocles at the Oxford English Dictionary, who agree that the phrase was “popularized by the title of the film.”

Our collective blackout around the origins of “bucket list” is one instance of the Mandela Effect—a phenomenon that occurs when large groups of people are convinced something happened when it never took place.

The concept was introduced more than a decade ago, when internet users distinctly recalled Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the 1980s. But in fact he was still alive at the time; he passed away in 2013. Many examples of the Mandela Effect have cropped up since, but my favorite is that Sinbad never played a genie in the ’90s film, Shazaam, because we all just made up that movie. It doesn’t exist.

While some of you may be scrambling to schedule neurologist appointments right now, be assured that there’s nothing particularly wrong with you—the Mandela Effect is simply a function of our brains filling in gaps in memory with imagined stories, or falsely conflating two events in history (for example, Shaq played a genie in a 1996 movie called Kazaam).

Perhaps it’s a sign we should invest less in our memories, for they generate unreliable returns.

—Neal Freyman

Now that I have that educational nugget off my chest, time to post my bucket list, in no particular order, and certainly limited as I have many more bucket list items than this space can handle:

1. Travel Related
    1. Cycling in the Flanders Region of Belgium (so much history In Flanders Fields)
    2. Camping with my wife under the Northern Lights (either in Norway or Sweden)
    3. Copenhagen, Denmark (again, with my wife)
    4. Aspen, Colorado (summer time for hiking, wife & kids)
    5. Melbourne, Australia and surrounding areas (sorry Atlassian folks in Sydney - would need to be a long trip to make it worth it - entire family)
    6. Attending a concert of the full London Philharmonic Orchestra playing the entire Star Wars Trilogy Score from start to finish
  2. Personal Goals
    1. A clear conscience and better mental health
    2. Learning to play an instrument (French Horn or Double Bass)
    3. Attaining an ACE certification
Like # people like this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2022

Visit Japan! I used to have a ton of things on my bucket list but this is really the only one that has stuck around that I have yet to do :)

Like # people like this

Nice to know it, @Kristin Lyons

I can't wait for it. 🤍❤️😃

Like # people like this
Dwante.Jackson March 10, 2022

My bucket list is based on travel as well. My top 3 would be 

1. Cruise around the world
  2. Tahiti
  3. African Safari, but not to shoot animals, but to observe them in their natural habit
Like # people like this

@Dwante.Jackson

1. African Safari, but not to shoot animals, but to observe them in their natural habit

Ohh, pleasant this one. I confess that this plan for me is so energizing and unreal! I love nature! Great tip! 🤗👏🏽

Like # people like this

Hi @Andy Gladstone 

Nice to know about your plans (personal and travel). And about Morning Brew, I didn't know yet. Cool! 🤩

The Bucket List movie was a great reminder; it's pretty inspiring and remarkable. 🙏🏽

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2022

Great topic, @Kristján Geir Mathiesen !

I don't have any bucket list planned before this post, but I believe if I would ever create a bucket list, I won't fill it up all at once to make it impractical to achieve, but I would fill it with one or two items at a time and add the next items when the previous ones are knocked off. Since I do not know when would be my time to leave this world, but this way, I can even leave this world for another world peacefully, knowing that my bucket list was almost empty :-)

For now, my bucket list would contain just below 2 items:

• To attend a TEAM event in person.
  • To see the end of war between Russia and Ukraine.

Have a peaceful Thursday, everyone!

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck March 11, 2022

I think my bucket list is probably endless :þ but here are a few things I'd like to achieve before I kick the proverbial bucket...

1. publish at least one novel (I've written a few already :þ)

2. publish a scientific book (possibly out of my phd thesis)

3. release a record

4. visit Japan, preferably Harjaku

5. go to DragonCon (or a similar big convention)

6. own a house (pretty sick of 60 square metres...)

7. decorate said house in the style of the Addams Family

8. meet Aurelio Voltaire

9. get a chance to shake hands with all you lovely people! 🖤

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2022

Thanks everyone, super fun to read these! And @Andy Gladstone , I did not know that! Very interesting read.

I look forward to when we can shake hands, @Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck 

Like # people like this
Evangeline Black March 11, 2022

Hi. I'm new here. In my bucket are books and line dancing. 

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2022

Welcome to the community, @Evangeline Black  Great to have you here! And thanks for sharing.

giphy

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2022

I've been giving this one a lot of thought.  At this point in time I don't believe I have a "Bucket List".  I try to work towards and achieve any goals I have my mind set on (like becoming an Atlassian Certified Expert).

From where I am right now, the only real thinks I want to be able to accomplish that I don't have control over are being around long enough to see a number of the major milestone achievements of my children.

Thanks @Kristján Geir Mathiesen!

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2023

Woah, @Andy Gladstone - that's fascinating! 🤯

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events