Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: Interesting park/museum you've recently been to?

It's Thursday!
giphy
I was recently in Omaha, Nebraska visiting my daughter and her family. As I was looking around downtown, I came across Pioneer Heritage park. It is pretty darn neat! Has massive bronze statutes. Actually, the two sculpture parks combine to form one of the largest bronze sculptures in the world. The park begins with a wagon train heading west, causing a herd of bison to stampede. The bison emerge onto Dodge Street, where they flush a flock of Canada geese. Some of the geese are on street corners, attached to buildings. Others even inside of a glass side of a building.
zBronze.jpg

zgeese.jpg
Sooooo, what interesting/fun park or museum have you recently been to?
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

19 comments

Comment

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2024

Minneapolis has a sculpture garden.  among its variety of art is the popular Spoonbridge and Cherry

Spoonbridge & Cherry (2006) | The famous "Cherry and Spoon" … | Flickr

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2024

I went to the Auckland Museum in New Zealand some time ago. It has some pretty nice sculptures and historical items.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2024

This past summer my family hiked the Continental Divide in Hoosier Pass National Forest. The views were amazing, and the memories will hold us forever.

IMG_8564.jpg

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2024

Not really a park or a museum, but took a tour of the Opera House in Muscat, Oman a couple of weeks ago. And then stayed a night in a 500 year old village in the mountains of Oman

IMG_2120.jpegIMG_2124.jpeg

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2024

Shame on me, I rarely visit a park or museum.

But I do have fond memories of my city trip to Rome in 2018 where we visited the Musei Capitolini and the Musei Vaticani, very impressive.

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2024

@Andy Gladstone Such a lovely family picture, great to see you all together!

Like # people like this
Holly Scott September 19, 2024

Took my dad, daughter, and granddaughter to the Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art in Norman, OK last year for a small installation by another local art company (similar to Meow Wolf). Also, in 2021 I went on a solo trip to Meow Wolf in Santa Fe. I love seeing/being in immersive art.Fam.jpg
Meow.jpg

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2024

I guess I need to type longer to get credit, so here goes.  If you want an amazing place to visit in the US, head out to South Dakota and make sure to go to Badlands National Park.  You can go hiking and view the amazing views of the landscape.

Badlands National Park, in southwest South Da.. | Free public domain ...

And you're very close to the visiting the famous 'Wall Drug'.  AND as long as you're at it, you might as well make the trifecta and head west to see Devils Tower in Wyoming. Devils Tower in the middle of winter Wyoming. (5184x3456) (OC) | Devils ...

Keep an eye out for the prairie dogs!

Prairie Dogs - Devils Tower National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2024

Nowadays for me, park means Disneyworld (I'm a passholder). I think my most recent visit was to Epcot.

As far as a museum, I think my last was also the Vatican Museums on a trip to Rome in 2016.

Like # people like this
Michael Kerr September 19, 2024

Does golf course count?  View in Coronado, CA.IMG_5629.jpg

Like # people like this
Chrissy Clements
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2024

So, not exactly a museum, but I’m lucky enough to live next to Earl Hill Conservation Park, and it’s been my recent go-to! 55 hectares of pure Aussie nature bliss. Think birds serenading you, lizards doing their thing, and even the occasional wallaby hopping by to say hello. 🦘

I swear it’s like stepping into a live-action nature doco every time I head out. Beats any museum exhibit, hands down. Anyone else love getting out into nature?

Like # people like this
Liz Tanner September 19, 2024

LA has some of the weirdest and coolest museums that are free on certain days with an LA library card (that non-residents can get!) and/or your ID. I am equidistant between Griffith to the north and LACMA + Tar Pits to my south. I play Pokemon with other entirely grown adults.

There is no shame in me like there is my compadres, though. I regularly play on the playground there. I'm old but short so sometimes I blend.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2024

Thanks for all your comments. Fun to read :) 

Sounds amazing, @Chrissy Clements !

TBT Happy Friday yall.jpg

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2024

@Dan Breyen - I was at both of them about 3 years ago. Very cool places. 

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2024

Visited the Uffizi in Florence this past June. It was spectacular!

IMG_4074.jpegIMG_4070.jpegIMG_4056.jpeg

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2024

Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen 

Now I am in Leuven, Belgium(very clam beautiful city) came for office work for 3 months and 

I visited Town Hall or City Centrum which is Beautiful to see. 

It is always cool here compared to India (where I live) and pollution free city, people are so fit, people prefer to walk or ride bike (bicycle) which makes them fit by physically and the wheather mentally. 

I Love this city very much.  

Leuven.jpg

Vikram P

Like # people like this
Cas Renooij
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 23, 2024

On Amsterdam Rembrandtplein, there was a bronze version or Remprandts famous Nightwatch painting. 
Iconische beeldengroep Nachtwacht op Rembrandtplein verdwenen - NH Nieuws
Unfortunately it's not there anymore. 

Like # people like this
Daria Kulikova September 25, 2024

One of the parks/museums that impressed me recently is Wilanów Park in Warsaw. Beautiful territory to walk around and the museum :)

1727292921864.jpg1727292921841.jpg1727292921852.jpg

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2024

The funny thing is I've visited Museums overseas, but I've never visited the one so close to my house :-)

img1.png

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events