Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Community Round-up: May 2022

Hello Everyone!

Can you believe that we are officially half way through 2022? I guess time really does fly when you are having fun in the Online Community. I’m going to sound like a broken record, but we have another great batch of content lined up for you to check out this month!

Let’s dive and and see what I have for you:

• First up, if you build Atlassian apps, either as a vendor or even just as a hobbyist, Atlassian is calling all Atlassian app builders! Register for Developer Day on June 9th!  If this is something you think you might be interested in checking out, you should register now before it’s too late!

• Next up, for any of you badge hunters like me, the Atlassian University has a new Community badge!  All you have to do to earn it is sign up to beta test their latest university course. Not only do you get to try out a new course free of charge, you get a badge for completing it. Sounds like a win-win to me!

• Last month, we talked about an article/discussion on the future of Data Center. Recently, Atlassian held a future of Data Center Ask Me Anything.  Even if you missed out on being able to ask your own question(s), I’d recommend checking out this post as there were a number of really good questions that were asked.

• Forms is relatively new to the Jira Service Management offering, and now there are four new form automation components for Jira Service Management.  This is really going to provide some powerful abilities to those of you who love automating processes.

• Have you been waiting for Presenter mode in Confluence? Well the wait is over (almost) Presenter Mode for Confluence is here.  Well actually, it’s rolling out so if you don’t see it quite yet, you will very shortly.

• Are you using Jira Align? Personally, I’m not there yet. But, Atlassian has written a great post with examples that will help with improving the user & admin experience of Jira Align with naming conventions. If this is something you are struggling with, you might want to check it out. Or, if you are looking to use Jira Align in the future, you might want to give this a read before you get started.

• Do you want to understand more about what’s going on behind the curtain with the Atlassian cloud data architecture? This is a wonderful post, where Atlassian pulls the curtain back a little bit to give us a better understanding of what goes on behind the scenes!

• Next, I’m always trying to remember everything I need to clean up when deleting old/unused (company managed) projects in Jira.  Cleanup of associated schemes or references when a project is deleted in Jira Cloud is a wonderful collection/checklist of everything that you need to keep in mind when performing project cleanup.

• If you have read any of my previous monthly round up posts, you will know that I’m always on the lookup for people providing cool “how to” posts. This month  @Fabian Lim walks you through how to set automatic approvers in JSM from an insight object custom field. It’s short, sweet, to the point and quite useful.

• This month we are lucky to have not one, but two #JiraHeroes articles! First,  @Mykenna Cepek shares how they are using Jira Automation and the Slack integration to stream line their cloud consulting services project in Jira.  #JiraHeroes April '22 Spotlight: Mykenna Cepek

• Next, @Daniel Cave shares about their success story of migrating from server to cloud and using the Microsoft Teams integration assisted in streamlining the testing and bug reporting process.  #JiraHeroes May '22 Spotlight: Daniel Cave

I know I say it every month, but I feel it’s always worth repeating, this is just a sample of all the great content that exists out there in the community. Once you are done with this round up, don’t be scared to venture out and discover more of the great content on your own!

Looking for more content to sink your teeth into? Join in on some of these trending discussions:

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and I’ll see you all back here again next month!

4 comments

Comment

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2022

Thanks for sharing this @Jimmy Seddon 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Thank you sharing this wonderful Community Round-up, @Jimmy Seddon !

Great work as always!

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro June 1, 2022

Thanks for sharing @Jimmy Seddon !! 🤗

Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

Thanks for sharing !

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events