Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Community Round-up: January 2022

Hello Everyone!

The first month of 2022 is in the books and that means it’s time for another round up! We are starting off 2022 with another amazing round of awesome content. I’ll be completely honest, my job is getting harder and harder every month. I can only include so many items, and there are so many fantastically written articles. As always, please be sure to check out the articles below, but then go take a look as everything else because it’s worth the read.

Let’s dive in:

• First up, Community release notes for January 18, 2022 one of these round ups wouldn’t be complete without making sure to point out the great work the Community development team does to make this platform the best it can be for all of us.

• Next, in the same vein of things changing on the Community platform, the Team Playbook collection will merged with the Teamwork Lab group. If you haven’t made your way to the Teamwork Lab group, I highly recommend checking it out. There is tons of good content there (and a number of swag competitions)!
    EDIT: Looks like the post I was referencing has been removed, so just go checkout the Teamwork Lab

• Speaking of which, while the challenge is over, you should go check out 🚨 Wanted: lessons & tips for working on a team, particularly relevant for today. This contest has generated a number of great posts and you should really go and check them all out in the Teamwork Lab group.

• For anyone who has regularly been using the Jira Cloud Mac desktop app, I have some unfortunate news for you, Announcement: Sunsetting the Jira Cloud for Mac App. If you would like to know why, you should read the explanation in the post.

• In better news, Team ‘22 Registration is now open and we can’t wait to see you! If you missed it and you are planning to attend in person in Vegas, you should go sign up now before it’s sold out. Also, if you can’t attend in person be sure to look into the “Global View Party“ option that is new this year!

• The big event in January has been Migrations Month is here! If you missed out, check out this article as it has links to everything that you missed out on. If you are looking into a Cloud Migration you should take a look!

• Each month the Atlassian team posts a new #JiraHeroes January '22 Spotlight: Soumen Deb check out the awesome story Soumen Deb has to share about the cool ways his team is using Jira.

• I know this has been covered many times by many people, but it’s worth pointing out again. Don't F&*% the planet. is Atlassian’s call to action for business leaders in the New York Times to join them in committing to a net zero future.

• I thought Atlassian’s Team Talks revolving around Open DevOps near the end of last year was really cool. Talking Toolchains at Team Talks is a great way to learn everything you wanted to know about Open DevOps. I highly recommend checking it out.

• Finally, let’s end on the best note possible. The Chronicles of a Journey filled with Happiness, Team participation, Plan B, Co-Leaders, and COVID is about the most amazing story you will read in this round up where Fabian Lopez shares the amazing Atlassian Community Events that he and a number of his follow co-leaders have done this past year and the impact they have had. If this doesn’t inspire you to do something great in 2022, I don’t know what will!

Now I know that you are already itching for more content, so please join in the conversations on a number of discussions that are trending right now:

As an added bonus for this month, I decided to also do this round up as a video version that is featured on my YouTube channel: JimmyTalksJira if you would prefer to watch me go through the highlights of this round up:

As always, I hope everyone continues to stay safe, healthy and I look forward to seeing you back here next month.

8 comments

Comment

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro February 1, 2022

Well done, @Jimmy Seddon 

These summaries are amazing!

Thank you for it. 😃

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon This dropped as I was having breakfast. I'm glad it was a cold breakfast, because after reading your summary and watching the YouTube post t certainly was! Great content and coverage - it's a highlights package for January 2022! (Emphasis on 2022)

Like # people like this
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon I really liked the video, so much content to digest. Thanks!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2022

Thanks for sharing another great Community Roundup, @Jimmy Seddon ! Amazing work!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2022

Thank you all for the very kind words!  A video version may become a staple for the future of this round up.

Like Tuncay Senturk likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 3, 2022

Was very insightful. Thanks

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2022

Loving the video roundup @Jimmy Seddon!

Like # people like this
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon  Thanks for summarizing !!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events