Miscellaneous Monday - Most Exotic Animal You Have Ridden

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

looney-toons-bugs-bunny.gif

Yep, it's Monday!! Hoping your week is off to a good start. So to help with that, let us know the most exotic animal you have ever ridden (or attempted to ride!). And if you haven't achieved that yet, then which animal would you like to give a try? 

Mine is probably an elephant, though I don't have a photo of it handy. It was actually on our honeymoon when we spent a day at the San Diego Zoo. Now that I am in Dubai, I am hoping to add a camel to that list soon. 

Dumbo.gif

Let's hear what you have and Happy Monday!

13 comments

Comment

Robert Mullins May 22, 2023

Ostrich

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

WOW - would love to see a picture of that!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

Our local zoo used to offer camel rides, so I'm sure I've done that as a child. As an adult, I've only ridden horses. Riding horses even felt a bit exotic though, ha!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

True! I don't go horseback riding often, but always enjoy it.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

That would be a camel (dromedary) ride when on vacation in Tunisia in 2010.

P1090973.jpg

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

Excellent! I am hoping to visit Tunisia one day as well. 

Justyna Gdowik _ Deviniti _
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2023

What were the impressions? This is what I want to do on my next vacation in Tunisia 🤩

Like John Funk likes this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

Rode a bull in my late teenage years.  Not exotic if you come from Texas but definitely exciting!  (I managed to stay on about 2 seconds :-O )

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

I would classify a bull as exotic! And not about to get on one. haha

Darline Auguste
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 22, 2023

I rode a camel in Morocco and rode/bathed an elephant at a rehab facility in Laos - both were awesome experiences! I've never been on a horse or rode with dolphins and would like to try both in the future :) 

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 17.39.20.pngelephant.jpeg

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

Well done! Hoping to make it to Morocco later this summer or maybe in the fall. 

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

Awesome @Darline Auguste , wonderful picture with that elephant.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

I've never ridden an animal before - not that I can recall!

Now I can't use that as a Security Question for my bank now, d'oh! 😟

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

New password for you Dave - CamelRiderDave999!

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

I see myself revisiting this page from time to time 😀

I've been close to many animals, but I guess my most exciting ride was .... a donkey.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

Ah, our first donkey! Never been on one but would certainly give that a try! And yes, I will need to come back here and update with any photos as I get adventurous. Hoping others do the same!

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

A black unicorn and a dragon! (Merry-go-rounds count, right? 😂)

Really, horses are as exotic as I've gotten.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

Hard to beat unicorns and dragons! But horses are certainly a good substitute!

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

Lots of people got to ride their parents when they were small. Or older siblings. So I'm going to go for "humans"

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

Haha - yep, I imagine most of use took our dads for a ride when we were little. My boys certainly did that with me!

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

I rode a camel once at the Phoenix Zoo. I also fed a giraffe the same day. No pic of the camel ride, but I do have a pic of the giraffe feeding. 

giraffe.jpggiraffe2.jpg

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

@Summer_Hogan  - you should have bribed them to let you ride the giraffe! That would have topped everything here so far. 

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2023

I totally should have @John Funk 

Rakesh Kambattula May 23, 2023

I never ridden an animal before, but I would like to ride on a camel at least.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

Agreed! I think Atlassian should offer camel rides at Team 24!!

Like # people like this
Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2023

Camel (dromedary) and elephant.  I grew up riding horses.

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2023

You have covered the gamete so far! Is there another animal that you would like to try? 

Ankush Bora January 22, 2024

Not as exotic, but it was an elephant for me.

Olobob Top fun animation tv kids GIF

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events