Friday Fun: Who would you want to play you in the story of your life?

Darline Auguste
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 4, 2020

Today's question: Which actor/actress would you want to play you in the story of your life? They can be dead or alive.

I'd go with Issa Rae for my adult years. I see so much of myself in her and the characters she's played. I think she'd pull off my awkwardness, sense of humor, dope rap skills and capture my personality. She doesn't seem to take herself too seriously and would likely be fun to work with were I to be involved with the project. 

issa3.jpg

What about you?!

14 comments

Comment

Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2020

Thats easy, Keanu Reeves!...just look at my profile pic. HAHA!

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2020

John Wick 5 👏😂 

Like # people like this
Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2020

Haha! John Wick 5 - "John Wick has a BROTHER!...and he is no where close to as good as John at Gunfu!" 

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2020

Oh that's a cool question!

Spontaneously I would say Adam Sandler or Ashton Kutcher. Not because they look like me, but because they are funny, and I think that's my life too :)
And of course because they are great actors!

Like # people like this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2020

Ooh, this is a good one. I don't know that anyone would want to watch the story of my life, but I think Mayim Bialik would do well. My personality vacillates between Blossom and Amy Farrah Fowler on the fun -> awkward scale :) I also love that she's amazingly smart - she got a PhD in neuroscience while working as a full time actress and raising kids.

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2020

This is a difficult one - I think Tom Holland could play a younger me as I was geeky and awkward at school.  As for now, I think it would have to be someone like Robert Downey Jr because of the wit or Russel Howard (I know he's a comedian not actor) because of the looks

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 4, 2020

Oh sorry, you mentioned Tom Holland so I am contractually obligated to share this video.

Like # people like this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2020

I have this episode saved on my DVR because it makes me smile every time I watch it.

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2020

Yes... Tom as Rihanna is amazing 😂😂😂

Like Monique vdB likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2020

Wow!!! That was commitment!

Like Monique vdB likes this
Helen Griffiths _Capgemini_ September 4, 2020

Question is, do you go for someone who looks like you, or someone you feel would represent your personality (or both if you're lucky enough...)

This is a lot of thinking for a Friday afternoon 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 4, 2020

I'm going with Melissa McCarthy. She's so funny and talented and delightful!

mnelissamc.gif

Like # people like this
Darline Auguste
Community Manager
September 6, 2020

I loooove her!

Helen Griffiths _Capgemini_ September 6, 2020

If I had to pick someone to play me, it would either be Melissa McCarthy or Rebel Wilson. Let's hope their British accents are up to par 😊

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2020
Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 4, 2020

I assume that's you and @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- right Matt? lol

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2020

I saw this discussion arrive and had a few "knee jerk" thoughts, but dumped them quickly, as they just didn't work.

Narrowing it down to Statler and Waldorf works.  If only I could remember which one is Matt and which is me.  (I'm fatter, shorter and more arthritic than Matt if that helps)

Right, now I have to go re-watch Popcorn Shrimpy.  With S&W's subtitles enabled of course...

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2020

@Darline Auguste I love this question!!! Thank you for providing something unique to have fun with.  I think the best representation of my adult life would come from Kevin James.

Like # people like this
Darline Auguste
Community Manager
September 6, 2020

Glad you you like the topic Jimmy! The King of Queens is also one of my favorite shows of all time :) 

nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2020

Hmmm... I‘d need an actress camp to mix myself: 😂🤣

Anne Hathaway - after learning high class fashion sense from Anna Wintour, Iris Apfel and Victoria Beckham. In addition Vicky must teach her the resting b... face - without that look she will never win the „best impersonation Oscar“. 😊 Natalie Portman should spend some training sessions too for wit, willpower and stamina, as well as Kate Beckinsale. 🤓 And Anne would perfectly fit as my younger self too. 😂

19AE32EC-0138-4F94-9EFB-76E21E67B568.jpeg

Like Darline Auguste likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2020

I'd want to be illustrated or 3D animated, and voiced by H. Jon Benjamin. 🤣🍔

Like # people like this
Darline Auguste
Community Manager
September 6, 2020

Oooo good one!

Like Dave Liao likes this
meghna_singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2020

I would want to be Scarlett Johansson from the movie Her in the day and also the black widow in the night!

oh yeah :D 

Capture.PNG

Sven Cipido September 7, 2020

David Hasselhof in Knight Rider. Just so I could drive KITT :-D

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2020

I would like to be Ryan Reynolds from the movie DeadPool. 

Like Esther Strom likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2021

It was always been Ryan Reynolds from the movie Deadpool. 

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like Harsh Tandon likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events