Topic Wednesday

Deleted user November 14, 2018

OK I was on vacation yesterday and didn't log in to put up a topic Tuesday.    So this on is just going to be a free discussion.   Let us know what's going on with your Atlassian products.   What are you working on, or what are you having issues with?  It would be great if we could get more than a couple of comments.

For our setup here, I'm mainly working with Confluence and JIRA.  We also have bitbucket, but I'm only a user for that, I don't support it.  We have over 800 user accounts in Confluence and over 1200 in JIRA.  The main confluence issue I'm dealing with is trying to keep the size under control.  Looking for material that has been uploaded that really doesn't need to be there (25Gb of recorded meeting videos) finding better ways to organize the spaces.   For JIRA my main focus is an upgrade I'm preparing for, it will be installed in the next few weeks.   Should be easy enough, but a couple of add-ons still need to be confirmed as compatible with the new version.   How frequently do you upgrade your JIRA install?

1 comment

Comment

David Cowley November 15, 2018

We're using JIRA and Confluence, we're in the process of upgrading our licenses from 2,000 to 10,000 user level. Currently sitting around 1,900 users, expecting to be in the 2,200 range by the end of the year. That's our external instances, internally, we're under 500 users, with a significant use of Service Desk.

Some teams use Bitbucket, but it's not internally hosted and beyond my scope.

Biggest challenges (Confluence), keeping large number of document versions under control (some frequently updated documents taking up 2+GB of space); (JIRA) change requests without underlying explanation of the requirements that necessitate the change.

Short term focus, updating the licenses and add-ons. Longer term updating documentation and training to align with the updated UI in JIRA and Confluence and then doing the corresponding upgrades.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events