cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topic Tuesday - 23 Oct 2018 Meeting Space

Deleted user October 23, 2018

Sorry for the late post.  

Just curious...

Would the location, day and time of our meetings change your ability to attend?

We have had the past two meetings just a block off of Broadway and Granville.  What is important for you in our scheduling meetings?  Would a downtown location be better? Is 6pm too late?  Should we be looking for a space where we could meet earlier?  Is there a better day than Wednesdays?

We welcome all comments.

If you have any suggestions for alternate spaces we would happily consider them.

2 comments

Comment

Reza Sahraei October 24, 2018

Good morning,

Except Fridays, other days work for me. Like some of the folks, I drive from Coquitlam, so I appreciate if we can arrange it around 18:00. I guess, downtown works better, since some might walk after work to the meeting.

Reza.

Deleted user October 24, 2018

I was thinking people living further out would want earlier meetings.  Thank you for the feedback Reza.

David Cowley October 24, 2018

Working in Burnaby and living in Coquitlam, there's a good chance I won't make any of the meetings, at least not in person (not that I'm really advocating for a remote option). Wednesday can be bad for me personally (daughter's soccer practice), but that's likely to be a problem for someone regardless of the day. If the meetings aren't monthly, then it might make sense to try a few different days, just to see if you end up with better attendance.

Deleted user October 24, 2018

Hi David,  I have considered systems like Zoom media to support remote viewing and possibly participation in the meetings.  Unfortunately until we get set up with a more permanent home it doesn't really work.   We are planning to try out a few different meeting spaces to see how it effects participation.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events