Confluence LDAP breaks after refresh from production

COK-Orlund April 17, 2019

We have a production environment with Jira and Confluence where both applications allow users to login using our LDAP.

We created another environment (Dev) and followed Atlassian's instructions on refreshing (cloning) the environments. Basically copying the home and install directories, data refresh and a few config changes to connect to the right database. 

Jira allows logins with the LDAP however Confluence only lets me login with the local admin account. The LDAP logins give an error message "Sorry, an error occurred trying to log you in. Please try again."

Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 comment

Comment

David Cowley April 18, 2019

Are there any add-ons being used as part of the authentication? We use

SAML SingleSignOn for Confluence

And the corresponding one for JIRA, so we're probably no help.

COK-Orlund April 24, 2019

No we don't use any add-ons for signon but thanks for the reply.

Jira connects to the LDAP to authenticate users and Confluence connects to Jira to authenticate users. Application links are setup, we turned off white listing, jira users server was setup. We also have it running on SSL.

That all works fine until we follow the instructions to clone by coping home and install directories and to copy the database.

Deleted user April 30, 2019

Sorry for the late reply. Hopefully you have this figured out by now. 

Have you set the server base URL on the general configuration page.  Otherwise there might be some cross talk between environments.

If you did sort it out, please post what the issue was.

COK-Orlund June 14, 2019

We did update the base url.
I don't know why we had confluence authenticating to Jira and Jira to the LDAP

So we made a change and now both Concfluence and JIRA authenticate directly to the LDAP.

This will allow us to clone and continue with what we need to do but what worries me is why Production can have confluence authenticating to Jira and Jira to the LDAP but when we clone that to the test environment it won't work.

So although we are moving on for now, I feel that there is still something not configured or setup right and I hope that doesn't cause problems later on.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events