Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Atlassian Manages Customer Data

Bill Marriott
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2019

We’ve heard from many of you - our customers - that you want more details about how we manage your data in our cloud. In many cases, the customers I personally hear from want to make sure that their data is available to them, when they want it, where they want it.

There’s good news! We have published a detailed description of how and where your data lives, whether in Jira or Confluence or Bitbucket. It includes our cloud hosting partners, namely AWS or NTT.

We outline how frequently we perform snapshots and full backups, as well as how long we keep those backups. We detail how we use different availability zones and regions to ensure geographical redundancy and protection of your data. We describe how we have created different internal tiers for our services, and the recovery point objectives (RPO) and recovery time objectives (RTO) for each of those tiers. Finally, we discuss how we approach testing our disaster recovery plans for our services as well as how we approach overall business continuity management.

If you are interested in reading about all the ways we seek to have your data available anytime you want it, read through our customer data management practices and come back here to give us some feedback.

1 comment

Comment

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2019

Hi Bill,

Thank you for sharing this document. He gave me many other useful information that I was interested in. I can say that Atlassian is really responsible and accurate about preserving, backing up and possibly recovering data. It makes me happy!

Pavel

Like lauren likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events