Introduction to the Trust & Security Community

Jodie Vlassis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2020

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to write a friendly post to introduce myself to the community. My name is Jodie and I have recently join the Security Trust team here at Atlassian. Given it has been almost two months since becoming a fellow Atlassian, I figured this would be a perfect opportunity to say hello, given you will be seeing some content I will be producing for all your friendly reading needs. Along with Bill and Griffen, I will be writing helpful and useful content for you all, as well as answering spicy topics and burning questions you may all have.

A bit about me:

With an extensive body of education, knowledge and experience, I have a strong passion for:

• Cyber Security Governance, Risk & Compliance (ISO/ NIST/ COBIT/ SANS/ AESCSF)
  • ISMS Implementation
  • Cloud Security (Google, Azure/O365)
  • DLP & CASB
  • AML/ CTF/ Intelligence Analysis

Extra curricular: 

• Mentoring/ Guiding/ Supporting & uplifting others
  • Women's Advocacy, Equality
  • Mindfulness & Mental Health Initiatives

Over my professional career, my work has been an intersection of IT, business and risk. I have been able to assist organisations to develop, implement strategies, road-maps and operating models, assess current state maturity and develop governance, policy and standards.

I have successfully been able to work with customers and clients that have faced risk and uncertainty - my work and passion is to point out those risks and work alongside organisations to understand those risks and decide how best to deal with them. With my professional services background and experience, I'd gained experience across both private and public sectors. I have worked alongside top management to improve business performance by designing intelligent ways to achieve desired outcomes – efficiently and sustainably.

Women in Cyber and Technology:

This is a topic that I am very passionate about. Since embarking on my career, I have made it a strong mission of mine to continue to pave the way for both females & the LGBTQ+ community to have a stronger presence in information technology and cyber security. I have been part of many workshops, university conferences and talks to provide confidence, advice and support to our future cyber and IT cadets. My motto - Be the change you seek - and by doing this, I will continue to support and uplift all who choose a career in our digital world.

Thank you for taking the time read my post - I really appreciate it. I look forward to communicating with you all. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out! 

- Jodie

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events