Hi All - new PM on GDPR products

Eran Davidov July 1, 2021

Just wanted to make a quick intro - I am a new Product Manager @ Actonic, I am very excited and honored to be a part of this important mission of increasing protection of Private data and providing the many companies using Atlassian Jira & Confluence tools to be GDPR compliant. 

I would love to receive feedback or hear ideas from group members - Thanks!

2 comments

Comment

Jonathan Esland August 2, 2021

Hi - We're keen to use the Jira product but as a Government agency we have challenges with data compliance. I remember a while back seeing this on the roadmap. Do you know if it's been progressed so that there is the option for data to be housed in a UK compliant location?

Eran Davidov August 2, 2021

Hi Jonathan - it's great that you bring up the subject - the last update I have seen is in the following post - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Feedback-Forum-articles/Announcing-Data-Residency-for-Standard-and-Premium-licenses/ba-p/1732876

Please refer to the last section:

...The ability to use our data residency feature will automatically be enabled on your site for new instances created after June 30, 2021, and for existing instances in September, 2021.

but it seems that it is only expected to be available in the UK in Q2 of 2022...

So only options to consider is either wait or use DC version if relevant.

Thanks

Like Jonathan Esland likes this
Jonathan Esland August 3, 2021

Thank you that's really helpful! Am I right in assuming that you quarters are calendar based - Q1 (Jan-March)?

Eran Davidov August 3, 2021

Yeh - I suppose so - these are fiscal year quarters.

Like Jonathan Esland likes this
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2021

@Jonathan EslandPlease be aware that the data residency is only for your own Confluence data.  It does not apply to personal account data.  That might be important when evaluating Confluence under regulations by ICO.

Jonathan Esland August 9, 2021

Thanks - when you're referring to personal acct data, is this specifically related to the contractual details between vendor and our organisation?

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2021

@Jonathan Esland  No, it's the data of all Confluence/Jira users.  Their login details and user profile data are stored in the US, irrespective of the data residency settings.  For more information see: https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/understand-data-residency/

Suzanne Burgess August 25, 2021

If data is stored in the US and I am a UK citizen what TOMS are in place to protect it?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events