Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why can't I attach Google Docs from my phone as an attachment?

horizonbrave November 10, 2019

Hi,

I just started evaluating the Android app.

I tried the attachment feature but while I can browse and add any attachment the Google Docs documents are greyed out. The file I used for the test is just a text file that I created from the Goggle Drive app in my phone, nothing fancy.

Many thanks for suggestions! :)

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2019

@horizonbrave I don't have an Android to test on but I can report that on my iPad running iOS 13.2.2 I can select from Google Drive using the iOS "Files" app when I attach and choose from files.

horizonbrave November 11, 2019

I even enabled link sharing and made them available offline but all Google Docs file are greyed out when I try to add file from my Google Drive folder.

Please see attached screenshot:

Screenshot_20191112-061219_Files.jpg

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2019

@horizonbrave Oh right so the attachments are working but it just won't let you attach that file type. 

That's correct.

I went through Google Drive settings but I don't see anything odd. Can you please reproduce the behavior on your side?

Thanks for trying to help

Is it maybe because it's a premium feature?

I just saw the pricing page and apparently "apps" (which enlist Google Drive) support is only for paying customers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events