we need to know if trello is safe to use

Deleted user October 29, 2020

we need to know if trello is safe to use

if we have our password we'd always be able to access our data, is that accurate?

we should always be able to access our data if we have our password

if we lose our email anything else etc we would always be able to access our data if we have our password, is that accurate?

if not accurate then would need to move data elsewhere eventaully

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2020

Yes, if you can log in, you will be able to access your data.

I'd strongly recommend keeping your email up to date, because that's the way you can reset a password if you lose it.

Deleted user November 6, 2020

so if we have our password we'll always able to login

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2020

No.  You need to understand basic authentication principles.

I have a load of passwords that will not enable me to log in because the site has gone, I've lost the other half, thirds, or quarters of my authentication details, or been locked out for some reason.

"we have a password so we can log in" is not true.  You need all the authentication details to be able to get into any system that has more than one part to the challenge (i.e. almost every system on the planet.  Not quite all, but nearly)

Deleted user November 16, 2020

are you saying trello is not safe

that we cant always login if we have our password? 

if not lemme knw switching right now

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2020

No, and No.

I am saying that you need to understand how authentication works before you can understand the answer to the question.

Trello is "safe". 

You will be able to get into it if you have valid authentication details for your account.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events