Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to order activities like checklist items

Kevin MN May 24, 2020

I like the drag and drop of checklist items, but I like the format-ability of  activity entries, and the timestamps of them. So I left with wondering some things. If activities have their own time stamps, why must they remain in chronological order? Why can't I drag and drop them to my liking?

Typically, I'm researching something and have several related pieces of activities that logically hang together. But unless I want to copy / paste to a new card - an arduous task, I really can't order them that way.

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2020

@Kevin MN what do you mean by activity entries?

Kevin MN May 25, 2020

On a new card you have Title, followed by Description, followed by Activity. I can change the Title, I can add a Description, I can add an entry that will appear in the Activity section: "Activity entries." Therein you can enter stuff in formatted ways. I can create paragraphs, I can indent. I cannot create paragraphs or indent in a Checklist. 

As noted, I can drag and drop to order Checklist items. I cannot drag and drop Activity entries at all. Their locked in chronological order. Why?? They already have timestamps. If I wanted them in chronological order, I simply would not drag them anywhere. I'd allow  them to accumulate in the order they were created. 

But my knowledge accumulation is rarely ordered. I may find a tidbit when I'm reading about a different subject altogether, or have an idea at a random moment. I then want to record it within the area of the activity entries for that subject and I can't! The only way around it is to have a Checklist that becomes an index to the various pieces that hang together below it in the Activity section. This is a kludge. If only Trello would allow me to drag and drop Activity entries, this could be solved... so easily, so eloquently.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2020

@Kevin MN Okay so you mean comments? You can't re-order them, but if you're adding bits of information about a topic that you'd like to re-order, perhaps each list should be a topic, each card is a tidbit and you can use the description to store more detailed information and you can move them around.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events