unlimited butler

itzik1000 May 4, 2020

Hello I have a business account how do i get unlimited butler

5 answers

2 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2020

@itzik1000 @Esme Crutchley @Simon Perkins that hard limit on quota is a killer. You fall off a cliff, and can't get any extra no matter how much you pay, and can't go to Enterprise unless you have 20 people.

@Michael Pryor needs to be in on this one!!

If you do find that you have a particular command that uses lots of quota, you might like to encode it as a more permanent piece of code using the API directly, which is why I created Trellinator, to port over all my customers' Butler commands:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

It's not as quick, easy, or accessible, but it gives you a "way out" if you're hitting hard limits on Butler usage.

Simon Perkins May 5, 2020

I'm deactivated Butler for now to see where I need to prioritise its usage.

Re encoding, I'm not a dev so unfortunately this isn't something I'll get involved with. Useful to have a heads up on though.

0 votes
eman May 12, 2020

I want to know the same thing. I'm at the point of considering moving to another system due to the unreasonably low quotas.

Trello is too low level out of the box and Butler is the only thing that helps reduce the frustrations by making basic automation of workflow.

Simon Perkins May 13, 2020

Esme and Iain provide answers above. It appears Enterprise is the only way to get unlimited Butler commands.

Like Esme Crutchley likes this
0 votes
Simon Perkins May 5, 2020

60 boards? That's lunacy ;)

I might be running an abnormally high command count due to setting up new rules and workflows. Have deactivated Butler for now as want to spend a few days getting a feel for the Unito benefits. Will no doubt ignite Butler soon.

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2020

Oops, sorry, I miscalculated:

Personal Boards = 17

Free Team 1 Boards = 7

Business Class Boards = 51

Free Team 2 Boards = 10

Free Team 3 Boards = 1

Board total = 86

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2020

@Esme Crutchley @Simon Perkins I'm currently a member of 268 boards

simpsons.jpeg

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2020

I see you’ve played knifey spooney before @Iain Dooley 

Like Iain Dooley likes this
0 votes
Simon Perkins May 4, 2020

Bit of a hijack - if you don't mind - as I was wondering about the command count ...

I have Business Class but have ramped up 14% of my 1200 commands (1000 + 200) in 2-3 days, so I can easily see me hitting the limit early. When that happens, does Butler flag a warning and stop operating until the next month starts?

It's only me in my company so there's no way I can jump to 20 x £20.83/m for Enterprise.

Thanks 

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2020

Hi Simon,

I would say that you might want to look at how you've gone through that many in 4 days. 

At the moment I'm at 25% however I am right in the middle of reorganising every single board in my team (over 60) so I have commands running all over the place when I didn't mean them to!

Normally I don't have anywhere near that number running.

Unfortunately, once you run out, that's it until the 1st of the following month. There's nothing you can do to get more. I've only run out once, and I didn't get a warning, it just stopped!

I'm the same, for a year it was just me, and now my husband is in my BC Team as well, so there's no way I'm going to pay out for Enterprise just for the two of us! I live in Trello and everything that happens in our lives, home, kids, work - happens in Trello, but we definitely can't afford Enterprise!

itzik1000 May 4, 2020

Absolutely
And also I pay it doesn't make sense to me that this is how it should work???????????

It's all stuck to me now
I have no problem paying but with logic

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2020

Unfortunately, that's how it works. 

When you sign up to BC, you have 1000 + 200 commands per person in the team (there are numerous pages on Trello & Butler's help pages that state this).

I have 2 people in my team, so I have 1400 per month and 10,000 operations. 

For about a year, I only had myself, and I didn't add my husband because of the Butler increase (I added him so I can assign chores!). He was on one board for ages, but it became easier for us as a family, for him to come onto the BC team because we increased the number of boards we have.

I think this would come under the fair usage policy, which Trello/Butler have.

When upgrading to BC, the limits are explained (as the picture I shared above shows), there is also the comparison page, where it shows the difference in Butler provision:

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 18.46.42.png 

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2020

Hi @itzik1000 

Welcome to the Community!

As I replied on the previous thread :)  unlimited Butler exists on Enterprise but not on Business Class:

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 12.14.11.png

https://help.trello.com/article/1181-butler-features-and-quotas

itzik1000 May 4, 2020

ok so i do i get a Enterprise 

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2020

Enterprise accounts have a minimum of 20 people (regardless of how many people you want, there has to be 20 accounts), and last I checked were $20.83 per month per person.

Fot 20 people, the minimum Enterprise allows, this is how much it will cost:

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 13.24.15.png

Should you want to contact the Enterprise Team, details can be found here: 

https://trello.com/en-GB/enterprise

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events