Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turn off automatic watch functionality for new cards

Paula Kwaschik December 18, 2018

Recently whenever I create a new card it automatically activates the watch function that I then have to manually deselect every time.

This is really annoying. How can I change it? Didn't find anything under Settings.

Thank you!

4 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2018

Hi Paula,

Sorry for the inconvenience here.   We have received a lot of feedback about this autowatching feature that was recently enabled in Trello.   As a result we are planning to disable the auto-watch feature on creation of new cards for now.   However there is still an auto-watch enabled for any user that changes a due date on a card, that one will remain in effect for the time being.

I would expect this change to take affect sometime between now and by end of day tomorrow (Thursday) for all Trello sites.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Paula Kwaschik December 20, 2018

Hey there, it's still the same on my end..

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2018

That's strange, other users are reporting it as fixed. Are you using the app or browser? Did you log out and back in?

Thanks for your patience,

Jodi

Paula Kwaschik December 20, 2018

Fixed now! Logging back in and out worked, should've tried that before, sorry.

Thank you so much for the great support!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2018

That's wonderful to hear @Paula Kwaschik - glad it is now working for you now!

Have a fantastic rest of your day,

Jodi

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2018

Hi @Paula Kwaschik, the Trello team made a temporary change as part of an experiment that includes the behavior you're seeing. There isn't currently a way to disable that, but I've passed your comments about the change along to the team. Sorry for the frustration in the meantime! Let us know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Have a great rest of your day.

Jodi

Paula Kwaschik December 18, 2018

Thanks for your quick reply! I would be really grateful if there's some kind of solution for those of us who don't love this new behaviour, like a possibility to disable it under settings.

Other than that I'm a great Trello fan and use it for my private life as well as work!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2018

Thanks @Paula Kwaschik - I hope to hear back from the Trello team tomorrow. I will post an update on this thread when I know more. Thanks so much for your patience.
Jodi 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2018

|Great news @Paula Kwaschik - see Andrew's note below :)

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2018

Hi Paula, there is confirmation that this issue has now been fixed for Trello users, I am marking the question as resolved.

Have a great evening,
Jodi

0 votes
Martin Kayes June 12, 2019

Auto Watch is back - now it also turns on automatically when you add a comment to a card. 

I've had Trello support confirm that this is supposed to happen, but they pointed out that there is a 'Watch' tick box underneath the comment box that you have to untick.

On my tests today I unticked it and the box appears to remain unticked on any additional changes to cards on the board. I hope it permanently stays unticked. Fingers crossed.

0 votes
Joanie Boissonneault April 11, 2019

Hi, 

I have this problem now and logging out and in didn't change it. 

It's really annoying. I use trello for work and make about 30 cards a day. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events