Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trello for ubuntu

Gokay Duman November 15, 2017

When do you plan to publish trello for  ubuntu/linux desktop? It would be amazing.  Thank you

2 answers

3 votes
rbbernardino February 13, 2019

As I posted in another question, "Is Trello going to release a Linux Desktop app?",
it's already 2019 and, by the fact that only some hundreds viewed this and the other post and nearly no one commented anything, I suppose Trello remains with only a few people interested on it for Linux... if you are reading this and wanted a version for Linux (like me), please post it here!!

bionicle1337 February 14, 2019

I change my mind from prior post -- you're right, we can just use the web version

Like rbbernardino likes this
yusufbarisk September 17, 2020

I would reaally like to see a version for Linux

Janca October 3, 2020

Hi @rbbernardino 

I don't know if you can still proceed with this approach, the client seems to have not received an update for about 4 years, so far as I've read though ("if I got it right"), it's wrapping the web app itself. Have you tried this one back then?

https://medium.com/@davideiaiunese/how-to-install-trello-on-ubuntu-754e9d8b4d03

I think using the web version can be very different from a desktop one, eventually this has lead to Paws for Trello ~ the Trello Desktop app.

Janca October 3, 2020

@yusufbarisk

I have something related in the brewing, although will take a while to finish, there's loads of stuff I'd like to see. This is just the Trello integration from a larger app but it got so complicated that I think it deserves to be respected on its own right as well :)

So it looks as a Trello desktop client at the minute for Ubuntu 20/18 and Win10.

You can have a look if you like, it's not very tested and there's a lot missing, but there's a free (probably for life) trial available. It is FOSS friendly first, and so Ubuntu is the primary platform.

I have created builds for 20 and 18, sure I'll fix a good bunch of bugs just over the coming fortnight. Might be a good starting point for a coder still ...

https://apps.brezniczky.com/

Cheers,

Janos

Ajay Tallam February 13, 2021

I also would like to see a Linux version!

Sorin Srbu October 4, 2021

Seems the Daniel Chatfield-workaround is way faster than using Trello in a web browser. For that reason alone I'd like to see a proper official Trello app fo Ubuntu.
Please, please, please Atlassian, make this happen!

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2017

There are no immediate plans for this, but we are tracking interest in this.

bionicle1337 June 28, 2018

web is fine

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2018

Just to be clear - Trello is a service which you connect to.  Trello itself works fine with a range of browsers, most of which are available for Ubuntu.

The complaint here is about a Trello desktop application for Ubuntu.  Linux remains a niche desktop operating system, albeit one that is quietly creeping up, but it already enables users to use Trello via a browser.  And the other methods Trello has.  It's just that Atlassian have no client for it yet.

Personally, I would not want a Trello client for Ubuntu.  I'd want Trello for Linux (which, frankly, is not a huge divergence from Trello for Mac), as I don't use Ubuntu at all.

Same as Sourcetree for Linux... (although I went off that a while ago)

Like yusufbarisk likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events