Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

send an email notification with carddescription messed up text formatting

Yair Adi November 4, 2020

The text in the body of notification email ignore all the enter characters (new lines).

The only way a found to separate phrases outside the {carddescription} is the double "\n\n" but inside the {carddescription} I cant add \n\n to any single line.

Must be another way I don't know.

The butler rule is:

when a card is moved into list "Done" by anyone, send an email notification to "{{%Correo}};" with subject "{cardname}" and message "Your {carddescription} \n\n other text, etc.

I searched the web and the blog and found nothing about text formatting inside notification email

thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2020

Hi Yair,

Unfortunately we don't really have text formatting for those email notifications yet. I'm going to note this down though and take it to the team to see if this is something that we could possibly add to our Butler functionality in the future.

Thanks!

Ryan

Yair Adi December 24, 2020

Thanks Ryan. I somehow manage to formatting de card description to show relevant information to customer. It's a full report with works done, rejected and final value with paying option list.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events