searching cards with a text inside a customed field

BERNIER June 18, 2020

Good morning,

I have created a custom field named PAYS and I put inside the country of the card. When I make a search, Trello does not find the country which I asked for.

Thank you

Benoît Bernier

2 answers

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2020

@BERNIER there are 2 search functions in Trello, one is at the board level and used to be called "filtering" which (imho) was a better name for it:

https://help.trello.com/article/787-filtering-search-cards-on-a-board

This "filter" search within a board will look for text within custom fields.

The other kind of search is across all boards:

https://help.trello.com/article/808-searching-for-cards-all-boards

This will *not* look inside custom fields. If you want to search across all boards for some content you'll need to put it in the title or description (or comment or checklist items).

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2020

48F88B01-8AEB-40C8-9BE8-083E71E6DB0D.jpeg

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2020

Did it on iOS and was able to search within nickname which is a custom field. 

I remember testing with py-Trello library and it did not. 

BERNIER June 19, 2020

I understand nothing, sorry

Benoît

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2020

@BERNIER Basically it shows that you can search against a custom field. Also tested on the desktop and id ok. 

When i used a py-trello library to incorporate search it did not search the custom field but if you are not doing any enhancements by coding to integrate with Trello, you can ignore this.

BERNIER June 19, 2020

I am still sorry. It does not work with me. IN the field named "COUNTRY", I put the name of the country linked to the card. Then I go to search, put the name of the country , FRANCE for example, but Trello does not find it.

Thanks

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2020

If there is nothing confidential on your board share the board link here and I can take a look. 

BERNIER June 19, 2020
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2020

Use the invite button to generate a link. Should have given you better instructions. It is just next to your avatar 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events