"User" Changed "Card" Notifications

As of this morning, I am getting notified on Trello and through email when someone "changes" a card, not just when they move it or tag me or update the due date.  Just when they "change" the card.  That is a lot of notifications and I would like to know if this is a glitch or a setting I can turn off.  It wasn't happening yesterday, just started today.  

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes
Meg Holbrook Community Champion Apr 11, 2018

Hey Amanda, 

Are you using any power ups that might be triggering these additional notifications? 

Also, welcome to the community forums!

Hello,

I just double checked the 4 boards that this is happening with and none of them have any Power Ups enabled.  

It sounds like you may inadvertently started watching these boards. 

Can you check the watch settings by going to show menu link and seeing if watching is checked? 

Just double checked and I'm not watching the boards.  In addition, I'm not getting notifications for all changes, just changes to the cards that I am watching.

I also just asked others in my organization and they are getting the same results as I am.  Can you do any changes to all boards of an organization?  

I know there's a way to change the notification frequency from immediately to less. That would be through the menu as well. 

Did you look through the Trello notifications information? 

I think it must have been a glitch of some sort, because I'm not getting those same notifications and when I look at my notification history, it doesn't show me "user" changed "card" but the normal notifications, like "user" moved "card" to "".  I noticed it a while ago, but figured it was because the team went to lunch, now I believe it fixed itself.

Dirty little gremlins! Glad it's all worked out. 

gremlins-2-replica-11-muneco-flasher-stunt-puppet-75-cm

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Sep 11, 2018 in Trello

There’s a Power-up for That!

So you’re using Trello at work, at home and to track your new DIY crafts. The family and co-workers are all on board and everything is organized, color coded and has a due date. But still, there’s so...

609 views 2 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you