"Toggle" between two separate Trello accounts

EE Emily Sorensen April 19, 2017

Is there a way to "toggle" between two completely separate Trello accounts?  For instance, I have one for Work and one for Personal.  NOT separate boards, but actually separate accounts.  I don't want the two to "talk" to eachother/be linked necessarily.  I just want to be able to do something like click on my work user name at the top right and then select my personal user name to toggle to that trello account. Then be able to go back to my work one WITHOUT having to log out/in or use another tab/browser/incognito tab.
Is it currently possible?

45 answers

1 accepted

20 votes
Answer accepted
Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017

Hello, Emily!

Sadly, this is not currently possible. My best workaround suggestions are to use Chrome profiles to sign into both accounts, or to share the boards you need to access with both accounts, so you can edit your work boards from your personal account and vice versa. Sadly, these are workarounds and not the ideal solution you propose. I would advise you to submit this as a feature request to Trello Staff through this link. It's a great feature idea :)

I wish I had a better answer for you, but I hope you're able to find a solution that works in the interim!

EE Emily Sorensen April 20, 2017

Thank you for your answer and the link for feature suggestions!

Axel Holene August 8, 2019

@EE Emily Sorensen Did you submit a feature request? If so, could you please edit your original post to reflect this, i.e. with a link or something? :-) 

Like # people like this
shankyrox July 26, 2020

Any link to the feature request which I can upvote?

Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 7, 2020

In case anyone has not seen it yet, this now available for those who have Atlassian account and are not on an Enterprise plan. Available on mobile, web and desktop apps :) 

More info here... https://blog.trello.com/trello-account-switcher-feature

Rahul Golwalkar September 14, 2020

Me too i want to upvote the feature... 

@Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_ don't think it is as convenient as it can be - imagine the convenience of Google Drive with multiple accounts !

Like Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_ likes this
26 votes
Joshua Austill July 13, 2018

Where is this feature at?  I have this same need, and my work will not allow me to share these boards with my personal account.  It gets old logging out and back in constantly...

8 votes
Sheryl September 21, 2018

Has there been any feedback from atlassian - i'm now on the hunt for a different solution as i use trello everywhere iphone, ipad, windows laptop, mac laptop so being tied to a browser isn't an option for me.  Who knows maybe there are better tools out there....i'd prefer to stay with trello but they aren't giving us much of an option.

btw - i use this for community projects, family projects, friend projects and self projects 

and given i've worked to get companies to use trello it's kind of disappointing that they are essentially locking us out of using it for personal use

Like Peter Flynn likes this
7 votes
rurena93 October 11, 2018

@Trello team I need this in my life. PLEASE.

6 votes
Felix April 9, 2019

+1 for this!!! ... it should be possible to switch between two accounts on the trello app to clearly separate between private and work or between two companies i am using trello with. thanks!!!

4 votes
ivnmaksimovic June 4, 2019

Slack does this in a great way. I can toggle between work and private slack (different account with different emails) by simple click. Or even better, I keep company slack in one browser tab, and private slack in another browser tab. Both work perfectly, including notification from both tabs at the same time, regardless of currently selected tab.

3 votes
popo popo May 14, 2019

Seriously Trello ? No feedback from the dev team ? I mean Slack has this exact feature !!

popo popo May 16, 2019
  • nope
3 votes
Denis Metzler January 24, 2019

We need this feature, please

stuallensmith January 31, 2019

If you use google gmail to sign in and your work uses Gsuit, I found this workaround helpful. When you logout, use google signin and there you have auto switch.

3 votes
David D Lowe September 10, 2018

I would recommend Firefox Containers, enabled by installing Mozilla's official Multi-Account Containers extension, then you can log in to different accounts in different tabs.

This is not the same as Chrome's profiles, I much prefer Containers. Here are the differences:

• You can assign different tabs to be in different Firefox's containers, whereas Chrome's profiles have to have separate windows.
  • Both containers and profiles do not share cookies, allowing to log in to websites using separate accounts. However, containers do share browser settings, history, autocomplete, and a bunch of settings like that, whereas profiles have a complete different set of settings.
  • You can set a website to automatically open in a certain container. There is no equivalent feature for Chrome's profiles.
  • If you open a web page in the wrong container, you can right-click on the tab header, and click "re-open in container". I don't think Chrome's profiles has a similar feature.
Edward Bass February 22, 2019

Excellent suggestion - thanks!

Like GreenDogDemocrat likes this
GreenDogDemocrat September 10, 2019

Now that is a good idea

2 votes
Eduardo_P_ December 16, 2019

Found a solution on Android App (probably there's something similar on iOS).

1. Settings (phone settings, not Trello's)

2. Accounts & Sync (this option may change depending on your Android version)

3. Add account

4. Choose Trello and log in

6. Repeat the process and log into the second account

7. Open Trello, then open menu on top left corner

8. Now there's an arrow on your username. Tap there to change accounts

Hope it helps!

Gianluca December 16, 2019

Many thanks Eduardo, it works like a charm!

Like # people like this
Amorette_Getty March 26, 2020

I'm not seeing Trello in the list of account types on my phone's Accounts page in settings. What version of Android are you guys using? It looks like it should work..

Like Łukasz Czerwiński likes this
Łukasz Czerwiński April 14, 2020

I also cannot see Trello in the list of accounts.
How did you make it appear there?

Eduardo_P_ April 21, 2020

Well, it seems that is not possible anymore to add Trello into "Account & Settings".

However, Trello App now has a native function for that:

• Touch the hamburguer menu on top left
  • Touch your username, under your profile photo
  • Choose "add account"

It has a huge "BETA" label on the side, so I think they just released this feature. See attached screenshot.

Trello-print.jpeg

2 votes
ntwong0 January 15, 2019

+1 Bump

Would really love to keep using the Trello desktop and mobile apps, but lack of easy account switching is a big pain point

1 vote
Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 7, 2020

In case anyone has not seen it yet, this now available for those who have Atlassian account and are not on an Enterprise plan. Available on mobile, web and desktop apps :) 

More info here https://blog.trello.com/trello-account-switcher-feature

1 vote
Kenneth MacArthur July 28, 2019

The G suite apps all have this feature - since, just like Trello, you often want to use them in both work and non-work contexts.

I hope the fact that Trello is now part of Atlassian doesn’t mean this feature request is going to sit here for years not worked on because product managers have shinier things they want to deliver.

Some features are shiny. Some are simply table stakes for pervasive productivity apps. This is very much in the table stakes category.

1 vote
Cameron Mackie July 11, 2019

+1 for me too.  Still no word from Trello on whether this is coming?

1 vote
Amanda Gramaglia June 24, 2019

+1 please add ability to log in to multiple trello accounts on ios

mightybs June 24, 2019

+1 from me as well.  One personal account & one work account.  If I can find the official feature request, I'll go vote and share that link here.

1 vote
Ian M June 22, 2019

+1 please add ability to log in to multiple trello accounts on ios

1 vote
Scott Bassett May 13, 2019

+1 again for this

1 vote
futuravis May 13, 2019

+1 must need

1 vote
Roman Sandoval April 19, 2019

+1 for this!  Much needed feature!

1 vote
Nancy Gernand March 18, 2019

This would be an amazing feature!!!

Marcos Dias Alves March 18, 2019

You may want to try SessionBox: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sessionbox-free-multi-log/megbklhjamjbcafknkgmokldgolkdfig

Now waiting for a solution for iOS app.

Like Artisan Tile Office likes this
Catherine Leonard April 30, 2020

Brilliant suggestion Marcos. Worked for me just fine. Thanks so much :)

1 vote
Marcos Dias Alves February 18, 2019

News from Atlassion? I also need this features.

1 vote
Philipp Ritz February 15, 2019

A great request!

0 votes
tparker August 27, 2020

Why is having multiple logins on the app still not available 3 years later? Windows desktop app here. Browser app is not the solution I'm looking for here. 

0 votes
Raphael Keymer July 19, 2020

The beta IOS Trello app now supports account switching. Go to account in the app, select ‘be a beta tester’, install the TestFlight app, and the beta Trello app when prompted to add the “Switch accounts” option. 

0 votes
Frances Gertsch July 15, 2020

Agreed. This would be hugely beneficial to me.

0 votes
Sascha June 29, 2020

I too would love to be able to easily switch accounts like in GSuite or Slack.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events