Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

"There isn't an account with this email" issue

I have used Trello for years.  Now my desktop (Windows 10) returns "there isn't an account for this email"  This has been happening for weeks now.

Thinking to diagnose this I went to my laptop and logged in automatically to Trello, and then logged out. Big mistake! Now that I have logged out, I get the error message: "there isn't an account for this email.

Firefox clearly tells me that this is the email that I normally use to log in.

Now when I put my normal login email in, Trello gives me: https://trello.com/create-first-board

Obviously I cannot recover access, so I am stumped. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jul 05, 2020

@newsletter2 try logging in at id.atlassian.com instead of logging in from trello.com. Do you use Google to login?

Yes that works.  Thank you.  I wasn't aware of that trick.

Iain Dooley Community Leader Jul 05, 2020

@newsletter2 neither was I until I spent several hours stuffing about with it :) I've sent a detailed account of what I believe to be the problem to their support.

You should also be able to login via trello.com using your normal login email to see the newly created incorrect account and delete that which means you don't have a ghost "Trello only" account created with a previous email, but just be super duper certain when you delete the account that you're deleting the "incorrectly created" username, you should be deleting using Trello (ie. sending a confirmation delete email and so on) and NOT deleting through Atlassian.

Good luck, it took me quite a while to unravel this little mystery.

What an absolutely convoluted and absurd requirement. 

0 votes
Raj Sark I'm New Here May 24, 2021

I have the same problem... in my case, however, there's a new complication. I have logged in into trello for years with my old mail rs(at)XYZ.com though my company mail changed this year to rs(at)ABC.com ... basically its same company but a new Domain and I have no access to the mail at our previous domain. 

The old login was still working fine for months when I decided to update the mail id to my new ID (it updated fine in my account settings page... Big mistake! Can no longer log in at all (old or new id)!! 

Any help appreciated!

Hi @newsletter2 ,

Few people are facing this kind of issue!

Please ask Trello support HERE

I have used Trello for years.  Now my desktop (Windows 10) returns "there isn't an account for this email"  This has been happening for weeks now.

Thinking to diagnose this I went to my laptop and logged in automatically to Trello, and then logged out. Big mistake! Now that I have logged out, I get the error message: "there isn't an account for this email.

Firefox clearly tells me that this is the email that I normally use to log in.

Now when I put my normal login email in, Trello gives me: https://trello.com/create-first-board

Obviously I cannot recover access, so I am stumped. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: Your favorite Trello blog takeaway

Hello friends! From the community that brought you Welcome Wednesday, Throwback Thursday and Friday Fun, welcome to Taco Tuesday, a weekly discussion about all things Trello. The best part? One Tac...

205 views 10 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you