Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Send to Board" not available option when un-archiving cards

Chris Brewer April 22, 2019

I need to unarchive cards and I have seen multiple answers about where to access the archived items in the menu and there is an option to "Send the Card to board" but I am not given that option on most of my archived cards. Where that button should be there is only a "delete" option. Does anyone know why I cannot unarchive these cards?

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 10.45.27 AM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2019

Hey Chris,

You'll see this behavior when the list that the card was originally on is also archived. Luckily, it's pretty easy to recover these cards without having to restore the entire archived list.

Recover archived cards on archived lists by moving the cards

1. Select the card you want to recover (which won't have the "Sent to board" option)
    image.png
  2. Click the list name or the Move option to bring up the move dialogue
    image.png
  3. Since the list is archived, it will not show up as an option in the List dropdown when moving the card. Select another list you want to move it to instead.
    image.png 
  4. Click Move to complete the action. The card will be un-archived and back on your board.

Cheers,
Daniel

Chris Brewer April 23, 2019

Thank you Daniel for the help! This resolved my concern! 

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2019

@Chris Brewer Hmmm I can see you're a member of the board, you should be able to unarchive all cards. What happens if you click on the card, do you see the "send to board" button above the delete button?

I'll also bring this to the attention of the Atlassian team to see if they have any insight as to why you're not seeing the send to board option.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events