Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Find and replace" on a Trello Board

Deleted user January 18, 2021
I have taken a copy of a board .. many of the items have a client name - let's say "CLIENT ABC" .. I would like to replace every occurrence of that on the board - either in card title, description, in every place if appears - to "CLIENT XYZ'. What is the best way to achieve that ?

1 answer

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

Welcome to the community!

You can have a look at this link and see if it works for you

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-search-and-replace-a-text-string-across/qaq-p/611445

Regards,

Soumyadeep

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

@Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM 

For a moment, I was excited to read the post. It was for the ButlerBot. Is it available now? I double check Butler but cannot find the equivalent. @[deleted]  did you manage to find it?

An earlier post prompted me to create my own solution only because I could not find one in Butler. No sure it can be applied to all parts of a card but eg you have access to a variable like {triggercarddescription} it will return you a variable {http....} and you can use it to set the card description to it. 

Like Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM likes this
Deleted user January 19, 2021

Hi - no answer yet - the Butler doesn't seem to help me from having a look at it .. so I think I just have to do this manually for now ... although clearly that is not a decent long term solution ... I will be using this board as a template for future projects.  Male I just need to rethink the wording on some of the cards to remove the client name.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2021

@[deleted] 

Here's the documentation of the completed module. The module use just one python statement to handle the find and replace. The rest is to get the input from Butler and to return the matching string.

output = para['input'].replace(para['match'], para['replace'])

The mechanisms to deliver this is obviously a gigantic development process but now I plug in modules as small as the one above. BTW there is an example of how it can use in the link below.

https://www.notion.so/Superhero-Power-Modules-f4e2a0848bc24c0f85f42a78a218408f?p=7254ef0272794d93bd5c1310e8737dd7

All the best to your conversion effort. It is not uncommon after some usage to realise that it can be done better.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events