Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

"Card id... doesn't seem valid" for checklist item.

I have a checklist that is a hybrid of standard checklist items as well as link checklist items.  My rule is:

when an item is checked by anyone, find a card with link "{checklistitemname}", move the card to the top of list "Done", and mark the due date as complete

This works perfectly for link items, however when I check a standard item I get the Butler error message "Card id... doesn't seem valid"

Is there a way to stop the rule when no card is found?

1 answer

0 votes
Lara Atlassian Team Aug 12, 2021

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you'd like the command to work for standard checklist items, you'll need to create a separate command with "find a card titled "{checklistitemname}" as an action.

Let me know if that helps, or if you have any questions!

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Thanks, Lara, but my point is that sometimes I have checklist items that do not have associated cards.  

For example, my checklist items could look like:

The link items work just fine, but the standard items do throw the error.

Lara Atlassian Team Aug 22, 2021

Hi there,

To confirm, are you using the same action: 

find a card with link "{checklistitemname}  

or is the issue occurring with this action:

find a card titled "{checklistitemname}  

If you want Butler to find standard checklist items, you'll need the "find a card titled" action instead.

Lara
The Trello Team

To clarify, 

I am using:

find a card with link "{checklistitemname}  

This is because I only want to find the card IF the {checklistitemname} is a link.  If it is not a link, I do not even want to search for the card since it does not exist.  

Lara Atlassian Team Aug 22, 2021

Hi there,

I'm afraid there isn't a way to prevent the rule from triggering, as the trigger is still "when an item is checked".

That said, Butler will attempt to run the rule and when it cannot find the card, the command will stop running.

Please let us know if you have any other questions, and we'll be happy to help.

Lara
The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,320 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you