Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

preview stopped working - how to fix?

zimmagency October 19, 2021

Trello is making me download every document that I want to preview. This just started happening last week. Before, I would just click on the link (mostly pdf) and see a preview in the chrome browser but now, Trello makes me download every file first.
How do I get my preview function back in chrome?  

Thank you,

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jeferson Kist October 19, 2021

Omg im having the same problem and its ruining my every day. We have tons of work on trello and it was very nice to work in for this past year, but now because of this issues that we are having, this is becoming unconfortable to still here. we are paying about $12 for each user, but we are thinking to get out off trello because of this stupid issues that nobody knows how to fix. 

If you are a free user, i do not recommend Trello anymore.

zimmagency October 19, 2021

I am sorry you are having the same issue. Many more people must be having this problem - we are not alone. I just learned this is not a chrome setting problem.   

Like Jeferson Kist likes this
Jeferson Kist October 19, 2021

Sure bro, i'm using on Edge and its not Edge problem. 

zimmagency October 20, 2021

So you are having the same experience in Edge as we are having in Chrome?  

Francesca Roy October 28, 2021

I'm having the same problem and it is AWFUL. It has ruined the way I work - I literally cannot work like this. This happened recently - was never a problem before. It is not a Chrome setting problem - nor a pdf extension problem. I am able to preview pdfs and other documents from other apps and other websites - it's only Trello that doesn't support this anymore and forces me to download every document every time I want to preview it. What a joke. Has anyone contacted Trello directly about this? Has anyone heard of any fixes?

1 vote
John Howard October 20, 2021

Mozilla Firefox allows you to open the pdf's in the browser without downloading

Jeferson Kist October 21, 2021

Yeah, Edge too. But the point is the preview that is not working anymore.

Like zimmagency likes this
1 vote
matheus da silva October 19, 2021

On another post they have commented it was due to the last update, something related to security issues. It is not related to the browser, neither you have a way of going back to the way it was before.

Unfortunately, they also didn't say if it will ever go back to the way it used to be. 

Jeferson Kist October 20, 2021

Yes Matheus, i saw it.

But sincerly, it seems to be not an urgency situation for them. But it is. As i said before, we do lots of work on Trello every day here. And we are here using it to have more productivity. About a year ago we stoped to use sheets of paper because we start using trello to replace it. But now, we are about to quit Trello after this update and choose another solution for this situation that i dont know if it will be as it was anymore.

I will say again. If you are starting to use trello or you are a free user, i do not recommend it anymore.

As i can see, there are many other solution with lot of productivity things on market. 

Thanks to everyone.

zimmagency October 20, 2021

Thank you for the post - this information is very useful. We spend a bunch of time playing with windows 10 settings but could not resolve this problem by changing associations from adobe to other pdf readers.  

We are now looking at switching to MS Teams.

Like Jeferson Kist likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events