Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

observer on more than one board

Jakob Worre March 9, 2022

Hi. I really don't understand the billing. I want to have premium, because I have to manage a projekt with 23 photographers. I want to make 2-4 boards containing different task. example: 1 board with task they have to do, 1 board with other informations etc. They all have to be on the free version. If I invite 1 photographer into 2 boards as an observer, does that cost more? If I pay one time fee for a hole year, how can Trello bill me more? All in all: Can I invite 1 photographer into 2-4 boards in my workspace as an observer, without aditional cost to me or the photographer? And do this with all 23 photographers? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2022

@Jakob Worre 

Only single board guest within a workspace is free. Trello's plan is specific to a workspace. The boards inside that workspace will have the additional features.

My guess is that an observer on 2 boards on that premium workspace will incur additional charges. I don't think the observer status change anything.

You can put the information board outside of the premium workspace and they can be shared with the 23 photographers. The only thing is that they will not be observers.

Your other option is look at changing you board design such that you assign tasks and subtask to individual boards outside of the premium workspace.

Hi Milynnus.

thank you!:-)

So If I share 3 boards in the free Trello workspace that was there when I created my acount, I can share more than one board without aditional charge? But they (photographers) will be able to edit the cards. 
I guess that a lot of the information will be okay to share even if they can be edited.

And because I need 23 users, I have to have premium, as the free version only allows 10 users?

thank you in advance, and sorry for the spelling. I’m Danish:-)

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2022

@Jakob Worre 

You can have a free workspace. The limit there is that you can only have 10 boards ....not 10 members/guests. All boards will have the basic features since it is free. 

The free single board guest applies to any paid workspace.

So I can have 23 users on 1 free workspace board and the same 23 user on 1 paid workspace board, under same user? But I can only make them observer on the paid. Feks: my setup is the workspace “smukfest” and the free “trello” workspace. Im a premium user. I can make a board called “koncerter” in “smukfest” and invite 23 as observers. The same 23 I can invite to a board in “trello” called “diverse oplysninger. These will have to be normal users. With this setup I won’t have ekstra charge?

I think it’s because of different languege but I don’t understand your statement “The limit there is that you can only have 10 boards ....not 10 members/guests”? the limit of 10 only goes to boards, I can have more than 10 pn a free board, because I’m premium user? 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2022

@Jakob Worre 

Premium and standard plans applies to workspace and you can have unlimited boards. The boards gets all the additional features. 

You can have other free workspace. For this type of workspace you are limited to 10 boards. 

A Trello user can be a member of a premium, standard or free workspaces. Only single board guest in a paid workspace is exempted from payment. A guest is not a member of a workspace. You have to pay for members of a paid workspace 

Jakob Worre March 11, 2022

So help me out here😊

I have a friend, lets call him Allan

If I have “Allan” invited as a guest to 1 premium bord as a single guest, he is free. If I invite “Allan” to 2 premiumsboard as a guest, I have to pay for him?

example 2:

If I invite Allan to 1 board in my premium workspace as a guest, and at same time invite Allan (as a member since I can’t have guest/observer into FREE workspace) to 1 or 2 boards in my FREE workspace, I wont be charged ekstra?

please help me😊

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events