Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notification email for due date card

Komeda electronics October 3, 2020

Hi,

is it possible to receive a notification email more than 2 days before the due date of a card? Example, can I receive an email (or other kind of message) 7 days before the due date? Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2020

This topic is the same as one posted about ten days ago ... might find it on search, but essentially nope, its a no can do.

Premium package, or power ups, then thats a different story.

However, work around is to set the date 7 days early, and in brackets on card name put (T-7d), and adjust the T-d if you change it from the standard days, and if its a once off, you might want to have a coloured tag on their saying "ACTUAL DATE", or something similar.

Work arounds is all you have am afraid.  Though, if you have a look at Zapier, there may be a rule you can apply, and use that to extract the dates and send you the reminders and stay with genuine dates.

There is a calandar view power up, maybe look at that and just LOOK a week ahead than rely on notifications, so the notifications if they come and are 2 days away, are genuine ... YOU NEED TO ACTION ... not just a put it on snooze email because I like receiving emails.

Komeda electronics October 12, 2020

i am learning now how premium package works, very interesting and useful, thanks for  reply

Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2020

No probs, hit the answered button and will give people an idea that there is a viable solution besides just a question.

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2020

@Komeda electronics Are you on the Free Plan? If so I can understand your question b because Butler Calendar and Due Date commands are not available.

Otherwise, you would have option to create a report variable send it via report each day.

(not tested but a scratch Butler command)

every day at 12:50 pm, create a report in variable "due_2days" with all cards due in 2 days using pattern "[{cardname}]({cardlink})", and send an email notification to "{%Email}" with subject "Cards Due in 2 Days" and message "List of cards\n{$due_2days}"
Komeda electronics October 12, 2020

I'm on business plan, but I'm not so  expert about trello, I'm learning. But now I've seen that on Butler there are many chances, example on due date commands, send emails, add labels, stickers. Lot of very useful functions. Thanks anyway and sorry for question.... ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events