my Cards page is empty although I have three boards

Anjelika Petrochenko April 1, 2019

My goal is to see all my cards on one page. Switching between boards is not ideal at all. 

https://trello.com/your/cards is empty, although I created one personal board and was added to two shared boards where I have cards in various statuses. 

What am I doing wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2019

Hello Anjelika!

Are you assigned to the cards you are expecting to see in your My Cards page? If so, would it be possible for you to screenshot the page and share it here? Please feel free to blur out anything you need - I’m just curious about what you’re seeing.

We’ll get to the bottom of this! :)

Anjelika Petrochenko April 1, 2019

hi Devon! Thank you for the fast response! So I checked and I was not assigned to any of the cards.

However, am I supposed to take an extra step and assign myself to the cards on my personal board for instance? I just did it, but is there a way to automate it? If it's a personal board, isn't it assumed I am assigned to a task?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2019

@Anjelika Petrochenko when a board is "personal" all it means is that it's not a part of a team. There is no notion in Trello of "your board" versus "other boards". You can add as many members as you want to a personal board.

The Cards view shows you all the cards that you are a member of across all boards, but doesn't allow you to drag them around.

Generally, what I would recommend is that if you want to easily see all cards then have them all on a single board, but use labels to split out different categories of card. That way you can use the board filter to create different views of the same board, which will allow you to have the same effect as if they were on separate boards, but with the benefit of being able to see them all at once also:

https://help.trello.com/article/787-filtering-cards-on-a-board

The only time this doesn't make sense is if you have cards moving through lists as "stages" in a workflow that differs for different types of card, or if you need different people to have access to different cards.

Like # people like this
Anjelika Petrochenko April 2, 2019

thank you, I'll dive in today!

Like Iain Dooley likes this
fcojavierpoveda August 12, 2020

Hi @Devon Henderson I've same problem.
My cards page is empty and I'm in a lot of dashboards and I'm added to a lot of cards.
Can you help me?
Please, find attached an screenshoot.
Thanks!!!
Regards

no cards.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events