move card to a board I am not user of

JM June 2, 2021

Hi, 

we are trying to implement Trello in our small business environment. We sorted nearly everything out but one main feature we need, is in my opinion not doable.

Think we have 4 Users.

1. Chief

2. Accountant

3. Service

4. Admin

The Admin creates for the first three accounts each a board. In every of this boards there is at least one list called "XY incoming". From there the user can move the cards to individual boards. 

Now the problem. The chief should have access to his and the boards of the accountant and the service guys. - Easy so far by adding him to the board team members.

The accountant and the service have access to their boards by being members. But they should not have access to the chiefs board. BUT they should be able to send/move cards to the "XY incoming" list on the chiefs board. - Is that possible? Or what is an easy or functional way to get this setting runing?

I really look forward to hear from you!

Joe

2 answers

1 vote
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021

Hi JM! Maybe Butler can help here. The idea would be to create a rule so that when something happens, the card moves to the chief's board in the incoming list. So, you could either create a card button to trigger that action or maybe the trigger is to apply a label called "Chief" (there are lots of options). When setting up the rule, make sure it's created by a user that has access to all boards. I've never tested this out, but it seems like it should work in theory

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2021

There’s an email address for boards which you could email to create cards on the board. Maybe you could use that with Butler?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events