markdown/Text formatting not working in iOS

Daniel Gerber August 13, 2017

Just started with Trello, and just noticed that markdowns (as indicated here http://help.trello.com/article/821-using-markdown-in-trello) don't work on comments on cards in ios although it works in descriptions in ios as well..

They work on the android phone app, and on chrome/chromium (on PC and linux)

Is this known, am I missing something and I can't get it to work?

Thanks Dan

2 answers

3 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

Hi Daniel,

We're unfortunately aware that there are still some inconsistencies between where Markdown is properly supported, due to various limitations. This is something we're working to improve in future versions of the iOS app!

Daniel Gerber August 14, 2017

Thanks.  Just glad it's not me being thick..(don't you just loathe Apple at times?)

Jordan McNamee October 25, 2018

Are you ever going to fix this? 

Joe Walker November 6, 2018

Is this difficult to fix? Just formatted a long post on a card, completely formatted out on the desktop and looks great. On mobile the visible markup makes it almost unreadable. Very counterproductive. 

Court Dimon January 12, 2019

Spent some time thinking I was insane before finding this thread. Glad I did.  Hopefully this can be updated this year to work properly?

John Lahut February 4, 2019

Is there any update on this? No markdown formatting at all on mobile makes the app extremely hard to read if things are well-formatted on a PC/Mac (which seems almost counter-intuitive?) 

ChuckieAJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2019

I agree. It is sad this is not resolved in two years. 

0 votes
Joe Walker February 5, 2019

16 months later... Not even an update.

Notion is the answer.

It’s a fantastic app that does what Trello can do and them some.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events