Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limited search

Matias Kunkel July 14, 2020

I need to do searches that are not from the beginning of a word. EX. If a title is 12345678, I want to be able to find it by writing 1234 or 3456 or 5678.
Is it possible to do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2020

Kinda mind-boggling this doesn't exist in the search.. (unless someone else can chime in?)

For a stupid-but-if-it-works workaround, for if you really need the functionality, I guess you could get Butler to do it for you?...

Create a text custom-field LimitedSearch. And a Card Button that first attempts to delete a checklist SearchResults, then Collects all the cards on the board that contains {{%LimitedSearch}} and adds them to a checklist SearchResults as links (not linked items!)

Or option2, I see there's an Advanced Search powerup which is 10$/year where the first screencap seems to allow you to search better. Never used it before though. And perhaps there are other power-up solutions. Or even chrome extension solutions or what not..

Hope that helps

0 votes
Carl July 14, 2020

Hey Matias,

I think the issue is that you're searching in the JIRA search bar on the top right, instead of the Issue Search bar which is around the middle left of the screen.

Try that, I had no issues on my end

Eg:
Annotation 2020-07-15 091416.png

Carl July 14, 2020

I just realised this is for Trello, so this might not work for you, apologies!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events