limit permission to create lists / cards?

Chihiro Fukazawa December 14, 2017

i'm trying to use Trello as the project management.

(for now, free trial)

Question #1 limit permission to create the list?

can i give the permission to create the list (the administrator)?

I want to make lists as To Do, Doing, and Done and no other boards existed.

but some user attempt make some other lists.

can i limit it?

Question #2 limit permission to create the cards?

can i give the permission to create the card only in one board?

I want to make lists as To Do, Doing, and Done and you can create the cards only in To Do.

(If you start the task, you move it to Doing, and if you have done it, you move it to Done. The moving to the other list is permitted but creation is not permitted if it is not in To Do.)

but some user attempt make some cards in Done or Doing.

can i limit it?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chihiro Fukazawa December 16, 2017

Thank you.

I wish the admin could more detailed control, but for now, I could understand I cannot.

Thanks again.

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2017

Hello

The only limitations that can be placed on a board is to make a user observer, which will allow them to read-only, comment, and vote.  Observer is available as a Business Class feature.

There are no other limitations for card or list creations and editing, as all users of a board have the same contribution level.

SBX Corp December 14, 2017

Thank you Mattew.

Can observer move a card to the observed list?

And, Can observer move a card from the observed list?

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2017

An observer cannot move any cards or lists, cannot make changes to lists, cannot delete or archive cards. The observer can only read the board, make comments, or vote (commenting and voting can be enabled or disabled) 

Like Leigh Sloan likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events