is there an alternative to the + sign on trello e-mail addresses?

Bruno Silva April 20, 2017

I am playing around with trello, trying to sell the ideia to the organization I work on.

I have setup a board, and to ease the creation of cards by people who already send requests to my team via e-mail, I was trying to add the trello e-mail address of the board to the existing distribution list.

But it seems that google does not accept the plus sign on members  of distribution lists.

Is the plus sign replaceable with some other sign, like the minus, or underscore, for instance?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Sek-Mun Wong May 12, 2017

Hey Bruno, you can try to remove the bit before the + sign.

ie

bruno+0ic12g9kajdlfkansmdl@boards.trello.com

can be just 

0ic12g9kajdlfkansmdl@boards.trello.com

It's a quirk of the SMTP protocol, generally everything after the first + should be ignored but I think trello took it the other way.

See here

Cheers

Pierre June 13, 2018

Good catch! "bruno+" can be removed.

0 votes
Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2017

Hello, Bruno!

I am assuming your team has G Suite, and you are trying to add a Trello board email to a Google Group? Or are you trying to add it to a group of contacts in Gmail?

Bruno Silva April 20, 2017

Hi! sorry I didn't explain properly. Yes, it's G Suite, and we have a support@ourcompany.com group address, and the ideia was to have e-mails sent to that group creating a card on a trello board, to keep it simple for the moment.

But google admin console does not allow addresses with a plus sign on groups.

Thanks,

Bruno

Mike McCarthy April 22, 2017

I have the same issue with Hover where I registered one of my domain names and have an email box. I cannot forward to another box with a + sign (plus sign) in the address. 

Does anyone know of a workaround? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events