is there a way to quickly add picture from attachment to card description?

ToyPistol76 May 27, 2019

Hi!

Is there a way to add a full size picture of my attachments to the description of a card in Trello?

Unbenannt.PNG

I know I can just open the attachment in the browser which gives me a link, which i then can use like so:

![xyz](https://trello-attachments.s3.amazonaws.com/someveeeeeeerylongLink8476543iurjtiuethiuerht/grafik.png)

but it would be way easier, especially for users without great computer knowledge, to be able to just e.g drag & drop a picture from attachment to description, making it visible there without having to remember ![](link)

Is there an easy way to do this, natively in trello or with a power-up?

In the end it should look like this, I'm looking for an easy way to do it:

Unbenannt2.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2019

@ToyPistol76 

My first thought was, no there isn't.

The description field is text only, even though editable with Markdown. But I've never seen it with images.

ToyPistol76 May 27, 2019

:-(

But thanks for your answer anyway :-)!

Have a nice day

btw: it isn't text only, I can add a picture, it's just not very easy for users that don't know computers well

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2019

@ToyPistol76  How?

0 votes
ToyPistol76 May 27, 2019

After some research I can almost certainly say, that there is no way to do it like I want to.

The solution would be to just have a WYSIWYG Editor additionally to the markdown editor, but that does not seem to be present in current trello and also not really be in discussion (i found a thread from 2016 where you discussed this, but if it isn't in current trello after 3 years, I doubt that it will ever happen).

There is one PowerUp, but that does only seem to concern comments and not descriptions and is also not easy to use at all.

That's really a pity

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events