integrating with slack with Trello

The office will sometimes post issues in slack that are effectively bug reports.

When we spot such a report we create a Trello ticket.

My problem is:
Is there a way to link a trello ticket to a comment in slack? This way, the person reporting the issue can easily find the Trello ticket to see how the issue is been handled.

I know you can hit reply and post the ticket url, but I was hoping for other ideas.

2 answers

0 vote

Is it an option to have the user create the Trello card right from within Slack? 

We do have a command for that "/trello add [teammates @ mention] [card name]"

That way, the card would be automatically created on the linked board and the link to the card posted in the channel:

Thank you Torben, I didn't know you could do that.

0 vote
Francis Peixoto Community Champion Nov 13, 2017

Your mileage may vary and this would need to be tested, but Slack provides legacy outgoing webhooks that could be used by a tool like IFTTT to generate cards on a trello board.

Ex: a user could write a message in #support with the text: "ISSUE: Description of the issue" where "ISSUE" is the keyword for a webhook that only listens on #support.

The only other option I can see would be to develop an integration that interacts with Slack's Events or Conversations API.

Thank you for the advice Francis :-)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Feb 02, 2018 in Trello

Atlassian User Groups: Trello edition

You’re invited to our first ever Trello User Groups   Good news for current and aspiring Trello enthusiasts! We’re launching Trello User Groups so that you can network, share ideas, solve ...

1,492 views 11 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot