Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integrating with slack with Trello

Liam Hargreaves November 8, 2017

The office will sometimes post issues in slack that are effectively bug reports.

When we spot such a report we create a Trello ticket.

My problem is:
Is there a way to link a trello ticket to a comment in slack? This way, the person reporting the issue can easily find the Trello ticket to see how the issue is been handled.

I know you can hit reply and post the ticket url, but I was hoping for other ideas.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Francis Peixoto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2017

Your mileage may vary and this would need to be tested, but Slack provides legacy outgoing webhooks that could be used by a tool like IFTTT to generate cards on a trello board.

Ex: a user could write a message in #support with the text: "ISSUE: Description of the issue" where "ISSUE" is the keyword for a webhook that only listens on #support.

The only other option I can see would be to develop an integration that interacts with Slack's Events or Conversations API.

Liam Hargreaves November 14, 2017

Thank you for the advice Francis :-)

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2017

Is it an option to have the user create the Trello card right from within Slack? 

We do have a command for that "/trello add [teammates @ mention] [card name]"

That way, the card would be automatically created on the linked board and the link to the card posted in the channel: http://help.trello.com/article/1049-slack-app

Liam Hargreaves November 14, 2017

Thank you Torben, I didn't know you could do that.

Liam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events