individual card value for each list (WIP-Limits)

André_Weißhuhn May 16, 2020

Hi,

we work with Trello since 5 weeks. I can set individual WIP-Limits for each list of a board. Is it possible to set an individual value for each card of a list?

At the moment each card has a value of 1 for the WIP-Limit of a list. In our case it would be better if we could set a value for each card higher than 1, for example 25.

I'm thankful for any advice.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2020

@André_Weißhuhn are you doing this using the list limits power up?

André_Weißhuhn May 16, 2020

Sorry, my fault, i mixed it.

Yes, we use the power up list limits. I meant to set an individual value for each card.

For example:

WIP-Limit ist 150 for a list. Each order is a different card, but instead a value of 1 per card we need a value of 10.

List 1 (2/150)

Card 1 (1)

Card 2 (1)

In this case we have to cards and each value is 1.

List 2 (20/150)

Card 1 (15)

Card 2 (5)

In this case we also have two cards, but different values. Thats what i need and list limits works only for lists, not for a card or am i wrong?

André_Weißhuhn May 19, 2020

@Iain Dooley any advice?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2020

@André_Weißhuhn list limits limits the number of cards that can appear in a list at any time. I'm not sure how limits would apply to individual cards, do you mean that you want to limit the total number of items in a checklist on a card?

André_Weißhuhn May 22, 2020

@Iain Dooley No, i just want to set a value for each card individually. List limits enable an individual WIP-limit for each list, for example 100. Total number of cards in this list are up to 100 now. I need something like list-card limits.  

Maybe its better that way:

We are in a bakery. We can produce 100 cakes per day. Each order is a card on our list. WIP-limit for our cake-list would be 100.

Today we have two orders, 30 and 70 cakes. That means we have two cards and reached our limit.

Our WIP-Limit would be 2/100 with list limits, because of those two orders. But the real limit would be 100/100. I just wanna see instantly, if we reached our limit.

In this case i have to set an individual value for each card, 70 and 30. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2020

@André_Weißhuhn Okay so it sounds like what you need is a custom field called order size and for the sum of the field values for a given list to be displayed in the list title, for example this Trellinator function will do that:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/1aef7ebc05ab2701366d020dc490209a

You could also do something like alert if the sun was greater than a given amount or move the card back to its previous list.

Like André_Weißhuhn likes this
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events