[iOS 11 beta & Trello iPhone app]

Karim Shakirov June 6, 2017
[iOS 11 beta & Trello iPhone app] Application is not launching. What to do?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2017

Hello, Karim!

Unfortunately, beta mobile OSes often have changes in the backend that make apps unusable. Early beta releases almost always contain big enough changes that applications will have unexpected behavior. Specifically with Apple, developers are able to download and work off the beta OS, but they cannot submit apps to the App Store that fix the bugs in the beta until the beta is released to the public. So any bugs that occur when using apps in an iOS version for which they were not built cannot be fixed by the developers until Apple officially releases the OS.

Therefore, it is highly advised to not run a beta on a device that you have apps you must use. The developers cannot predict what the new OS will hold, and they cannot release any fixes for any issues until this fall. It is very possible the Trello app will not work until iOS 11 officially releases. Unfortunately, this means there are really only two solutions: revert your device back to iOS 10, or not use the Trello application until iOS 11 is released and the Trello developers are allowed to submit fixes for the bugs.

I wish I had a better answer for you! Best of luck :)

Shannon and Devon, thank you for your support. 

I installed beta on my second phone and just wanted to notice your team and other users about workability of trello app on iOS11:) 

Devon, just 2 extra questions:
1. Next beta versions of iOS 11 also will not solve this problem? (or its possible?)
2. May "iPhone Trello beta apps" solve this problems? 

Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2017

Happy to help!

1) It's entirely possible another beta version of iOS undoes whatever is stopping the app from launching. I've personally experienced this with other apps! As things change, it's totally feasible that whatever is causing this to happen goes away as Apple smooths out the betas. I don't know what the odds would be, but it's possible!

2) I am not sure if the Trello beta apps will help, as I do not beta test. I do not know Apple's requirements/restraints on beta applications, but you can certainly reach out to the Trello help staff and ask them! You can send them a message here:

https://trello.com/contact?nosearch=1&source=from%20helpsite%20beacon

And they'll be able to give you the best answer.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2017

Hello Karim,

I recommend that you completely restart your iPhone, and then see if you're able to launch the apps. If this does not work, then you can uninstall and then re-install the apps, and this should correct the problem.

Let me know how it goes!

Kind Regards,

Shannon
Atlassian Support

Hello! 

I tried 4 variants:

1. Restart phone. 

2. Uninstal - restart - install

3. Reinstall 

4. Clear cash in settings. 

But nothing helped. :(

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2017

Hello there, Karim.

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out. Myself, I love to use Apple betas a lot, and I've seen this problem in the past. In this case, I would usually wait until the problem is fixed in future releases of the iOS, or, if the application is mission-critical, I would roll-back the update to the last stable release. I see Devon gave you some information about this earlier.

As for your question about whether or not it will be corrected, we will work with our apps and the new iOS 11 beta thoroughly and ensure it is compatible by the time iOS 11 is officially released. You can continue to check the apps as iOS 11 is updated, but it may not be until it's officially released.

Let us know if you have any further questions about this.

Kind Regards,

Shannon
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events