Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to sync items from different cards (specific check list rows, for example)

Hanna November 9, 2017

Hi,

I would like to sync a items from different cards (such as an item from a checklist from card #1, that is on list A, with card #2 from list B - so when I put a check-mark on one of them, it will appear on the other as well, or, if I edit the text in a checklist item in one of them, it will also be changed accordingly in the other one).

For an example - let's say I have 2 lists: "to do this week" and "to do this semester".
The "to do this semester" list has a card named "read course literature", which has a checklist - with several items in it, like "read course book" "read related articles" "search google for related material".
let's also assume I have decided I want to include the "search google for related material" (checklist item) into my "to do this week" card. But I don't want to remove it from the "to do this semester" card - I want it to appear on both, and when I complete it, and put a check-mark on it in one card (in "to do this week", to make the change (check-mark, edit text) to be synced with the other one (in "to do this semester").

So I don't want to sync the whole check list, only specific rows from it.

Hope it is clear...

Is it possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Qasim August 13, 2019

Hi @Hanna

WIth Unito, you can easily accomplish this sync so you won't have to waste time jumping between boards or cards. I'd start by checking out our Trello + Trello integration page to see all the uses. 

Unito (Trello + Trello Integration):

http://bit.ly/2ZXqwhe

Let me know if you any questions at all, I'd be delighted to help. 

Best,

Unito 

0 votes
Zach L_Anglois November 9, 2017

You might want to look at something called ButlerBot. There are ways to write the automations so that only checklists items are synced and other card details are ignored.

The automated "command" would just be another card with something like this as the title:

When a checklist item is checked in a card named "read course literature", find card with name "to do this week", check item "{checklistitemname}"

This would tell ButlerBot to look for checked items on the first card and check them off on the second card.

Does that fit your purposes?

Hanna November 22, 2017

Not sure, will check - thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events